27. Done Checking Me Out?

Chapter Twenty Seven : Done Checking Me Out?

Okay, what in the sober mind in the world did I agree to go to the party?

I stood in front of Clarissa Madens's house, both hands sweating.

I had called Tiffany right after Jackson had dropped me at my house yesterday because I was panicking badly. Since the incident about Jackson punching a drunk guy (because of me) and the 'making-out session with Clarissa Madens' I saw, I'm actually paranoid to go to another one.

But I had lost in that stupid game with Jackson so I had no choice but to swallow my hate and wish for the best this time. I couldn't just chicken out at the last minute. How bad can it be this time right?

Tiffany had decided to come with me to the party with Dylan giving us a ride. Three of us walked inside the huge house and I felt my legs getting weaker as the music got louder and louder when we entered.

This time, I wore a comfortable flannel shirt paired with my favourite ripped jeans (after hours of arguing with Tiffany that I will not wear a dress this time) to give myself a little confidence in my own chosen outfit.

Once we stepped into the room blasting with music, the stench of party got me cringing immediately. Alcohol, smoke, sweat and everything awful mixed together. Teenagers, mostly from our school and some from others flooded the whole place.

I pushed myself among the crowds of people, reaching Tiffany's side and shouted to her over the music, "I hate this!"

"You will love it, Lei!" she shouted back.

Dylan laughed at me when I gave a glare at Tiffany who didn't cared about my hate. "You can stay by the swimming pool if you think the music is too loud!" Dylan shouted.

"Yeah, it's more quiet there but be careful! Hotties with abs alert!" Tiffany agreed with her boyfriend, giving me a playful wink.

I felt myself blushing but I was glad no one could see it under the ever-changing disco lights. Tiffany grabbed my wrist and pulled me away from the hormonal teenagers swaying their hips and jumping mindlessly everywhere.

She guided me to the swimming pool outside and true enough, it wasn't as loud as inside. The music was still loud but not the kind where you feel like your eardrums are bursting. When I scanned the surroundings, I immediately regretted following both Tiff and Dylan's idea.

There were indeed a lot of shirtless boys (smoking hot ones, ugh) and bikini-wearing girls (model bodies, ugh) everywhere in the backyard. A few hired bartenders and waitresses (who were also in bikinis) were busily serving people drinks containing God-knows-what in there. Everybody was either talking loudly, doing stunts in the pool or sipping odd-looking drinks.

Tiffany saw my mouth agape and she gave me a sly smile,"Told ya. Hotties alert."

I kept my eyes low as we navigate towards the drinks counter, afraid that I would see something that would harm my virgin eyes.

"Oh c'mon Lei! Loosen up!" Tiff sighed, handing me a drink.

"What's this?" I asked, sniffing the drink.

"It's safe. No alcohol. Just cold lemonade," Dylan answered, his face looking a little annoyed from me. He probably wanted to spend time with Tiffany but Tiffany didn't want to leave me alone in fear of me escaping this horrible party.

I shrugged and tasted the drink. Well, it tasted safe enough. The last thing I want from this party is to be drunk. I've never been drunk obviously and I don't intend to be any day soon.