19. A Long-lost Feeling

Chapter Nineteen : A Long-lost Feeling

There he stood, his brown hair messy like he've been running his fingers through it all day and he's wearing dark brown jeans and a white t-shirt that revealed his abs through the thin piece of fabric. I couldn't help but stare at his attractiveness. God damn it, Lei, calm your hormones! I looked down to the floor quickly.

"Leighton?" said Austin. I looked back up at him and his green eyes were just so soothing to look at but they weren't memerizing, only Jackson's eyes are.

Jackson. "More than you like me?" That thought popped up into my mind like a cap of a soda bottle shooting up into the air suddenly after it's been shaked vigorously.

I shook my head a little to stop myself from spacing out. Austin then place a hand on my arm, probably because my face showed that I was having a hard time but the truth is, I was. I could feel his warmth around my arm as my breathing hitched.

He opened his mouth, about to say something, when someone's two firm hands pushed him back roughly from me. I was stunned for a second and I realized it was Jackson.

I caught a glimpse of his face. His eyes weren't as blue. They were a darker shade of blue, like the colour of the ocean right before a thunderstorm strikes. I gulped.

Austin's back was on the locker while Jackson's hand was still on his chest, holding him down firmly and he was breathing heavily. I had no idea what was going on. My hands started shaking involuntarily. I think I have tremors whenever I encounter a fast and pulse-racing moment.

" What are you trying to do to her?" Jackson said through his gritted teeth. His ears were red but it was definitely not from the cold.

A flashback came across my mind. I remembered the other time a drunk guy got punched by Jackson. He could have been dead. Because of me. That flashback made my head hurt. I decided that I have to say something this time.

"Jackson," keeping my voice as steady as possible, "what do you think you're doing?" I said while keeping my eyes looking straight into his blue ones. I felt a drip of sweat down my neck and my heartbeat getting faster.

He turned to look at me. The thing is, the look on Jackson's face didn't looked like his normal adorable, hot and mischievous face. It wasn't like him. His eyes were darker than usual and his signature smirk became a disapproving frown. He was full of dark emotions that I couldn't decipher.

Jackson's eyes softened a little at my words and along with his grip on Austin. Something was definitely wrong about him. Taking this opportunity, Austin pushed him away from him and you could see the flames that is rising in him.

Luckily, Austin didn't make a move on him and so did Jackson. Which I am very thankful of, may I add.

" Are you her boyfriend?" Austin asked Jackson with a not-so-friendly glare.

Before I could say something, Jackson cut in quickly. "N-No," he mumbled. That just confirmed my doubt of him being odd and not himself. Jackson is always confident, he never stammers. At least that was what I thought until this.

Austin then inched his face closer to Jackson's and said in a serious and also dangerous tone," Then don't act like one."

That might have came out hurtful in certain ways to Jackson because he flinched when Austin mentioned it. Well, that was weird.

With the irritated face on Austin, I knew he wanted Jackson to leave but Jackson didn't. He was still standing there, like he was momentarily lost in another world or either he just didn't want to admit defeat to Austin. Which is ironic, because since when did this became a fight where someone wins or not?