Chapter 32: Gold

Next day.............

I was feeling a bit better. Still, the pain medications were needed to get me through the day. Practice went alright for the boys. Javier was still distracted with the media. Yuzuru kept a close eye on me whenever I felt like I needed to sit down.

I did tell Yuzuru about the memories and he was very happy. The memories were very important to him.

Javier skated ahead of Yuzuru. Looking at the score, He really didn't skated his best at his free skate which worried me very much. He scored a total of 253.92. I had a feeling that Javier wouldn't medal in the top three.

After a long wait, Yuzuru skated onto the ice. I took my glasses off and put them in my glasses case. We made eye contact and he looked happy to see me. I gave him a small nod and a smile. He nodded in return. Soon, the music started and he skated his program.

He fell on his opening jump that was the quadruple salchow. He had been having trouble landing it. It was a new element that he started to jump this season. He managed to jump the quad toe-loop with ease. It was the easiest jumps of all jumps in figure skating.

He didn't do with well the flip jump. {Oh no.} I could feel my hand feeling sweaty from the worry and nervousness. He did well with his step sequence and his spins. He would be able to get perfect scores for them.

He did his triple axel and triple toe combination perfectly. His other triple axel wasn't that good. His triple lutz and triple salchow combination was alright. His triple lutz was alright. He did his best on his performance.

He bowed to the people and skated towards us. He was not happy with his performance. Yuzuru didn't make eye contact with me. He just took his skate guards and wore his vest. This time, Brian sat with him while I stood at the side.

"The Free Skate score of Yuzuru Hanyu of Japan. 178.64." He had a two point deduction. He scored a total of 280.09. There was still a chance for him to win.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yuzuru and I were in the back waiting for the final scores to be posted. He hadn't talked to me at all since he skated. After a while, the scores appeared on the screen.

Yuzuru took a step forward at the screen to get a better look. After a minute, he looked surprised. "Oh my God," he said in a low voice with realization. "Your the first someone told him. "I'm first? I'm the first?" Yuzuru asked for confirmation.

"Yes," people told him.

"Oh my God," he said over and over in happiness. I felt a smile grow on my face. He won gold. Yuzuru looked at me and pulled me into a hug. "Congrats," I told him. "It's all thanks you and everyone who helped me," he told me.

I was very proud of him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~