Chapter 28

Bakugou's  POV:

We've been here 4 days now, everything is still the same. Me and Shouto keep to ourselves most of the time, we haven't made friends with anyone else yet. But who cares, we're probably leaving soon anyway. Hopefully..

Strangely, the hospital has a gym. Though the time you spend there is limited. Nurses have to keep an eye on individual patients so they don't over exercise. The 'happy nurse' is watching over me right now.
I'm lifting small weights as of now; most of my strength is gone. I glanced at Shouto's time table beforehand, he has a therapy session right now, though it should be ending soon.

I feel free in the hospital, yet lonely and isolated. Most of us are very private, though people like to be really fucking loud in the cafeteria. Like really loud.
I've gotten a lot off my chest during the therapy sessions, they prescribed me some medication to help with my depression or some shit, but I refuse to take it. So does Shouto. It feels messed up to rely on a pill to make you feel happy. It makes me feel weaker than I already am, if it's even possible for me to feel weaker.

2 days ago, a patient committed suicide by overdosing. The nurses don't understand how he managed to do so, they monitored his medication intake carefully. Not carefully enough, apparently.

I heard some other patients talking about wanting to give it a try as well, though it'll probably get more nurses in their business if it fails. No privacy in this place, I swear.
After Shouto comes back, all the patients have to go to the activity hall and a nurse is going to talk about suicide to us. What a load of bullshit.

"Alright Katsuki, no more gym time for you today." The happy nurse calls to me. Nurses insist on calling you by your given name, to make us feel more 'at home'. Unfortunately me and Shouto didn't exactly enjoy being at home.

"Might as well go to the activity hall now, let's go!" She exclaims cheerfully after checking her watch, skipping out of the gym with me trailing behind her with my head held low. We head to the hall and I see Shouto in the middle of everyone else, looking around for me probably. I push past the crowd of others and go to his side and we sit down in the chairs previously put out for us.

"Alright, settle down and take a seat!" The head nurse commands into the microphone. The loud chatter is replaced with chairs scratching against the floor as everyone else takes their seats.

"As most of you know, a patient committed suicide 2 days ago. This is truly saddening as the patient seemed to have been getting better.."

I roll my eyes at that, just because they put up a smile doesn't mean they're happy.

"Because of this event, we, the nurses, will be monitoring your medication intake more carefully so some of you don't try this. Remember, suicide is never the answer."

Then she keeps going on about how you should never harm yourself or this or that. A bit too late for some of us, no? I figured out that most of the nurses are here because they wanted to help people like us, because they experienced it themselves and don't want it happening to others. You can't help everybody, unfortunately.

While she's babbling on about a bunch of stuff to do with mental health, my mind starts to drift.

I wonder what would've happened if I did jump off that roof... (reference to chapter 17)
I wouldn't be in this shit hole, that's for sure. I didn't know Shouto then, so I had no reason to live anymore. Why didn't I fucking jump? I should've done it. I'm such a damn coward.