Chapter 23

"Uhm.." Katsuki murmurs while scratching his hand again. Midoriya looks at him with a mix of understanding and sadness. Does he know something?

~~~~~~~~~

'You bet I do..' Midoriya thought.

~~~~~~~~~

Third person POV: 

It was a cloudy afternoon on Friday and most of the students were in the lounge, except for Iida and Momo, who thought it was better to put their free time to studying.
Todoroki and Bakugou sat side by side on one of the couches, Bakugou letting Todoroki see his phone as he scrolled through social media. An advertisement for a bracelet company caught Todoroki's eye, he decided he would buy a bracelet for the blonde.

"outo..Shouto?" Bakugou said, flicking Todoroki's forehead to get his attention. Todoroki shook his head and focused on the blonde who looked slightly irritated.

"I've been trying to get your attention for 2 minutes!"

"Sorry.."

"Whatever." Bakugou groaned. Todoroki knew not to take Bakugou's slight coldness seriously, since he knew it was just an act put up for the rest of the classmates. "Want to get out of here and go out for a bit?" Bakugou asked, Todoroki nodded and went to their dorm to get his shoes. Bakugou followed after.

Bakugou had finally (almost) healed, but he knew he would have to go back tomorrow, as ordered by his father. He dreaded the next day. The two boys got their shoes on and slipped out the door unnoticed and began walking around the streets until they came to a busy-ish place with varieties of shops scattered around. Todoroki almost squealed with excitement when he saw the shop of the bracelet company.

"I'd like to buy something, in private, I'll meet you back here in 5?" Todoroki said while slowly stepping away from Bakugou and closer to the store. Bakugou nodded and pointed to a clothes shop, saying that he would be in there. The half and half boy skipped over to the store and browsed through the different bracelets. 'Best friend'  'Sweetheart'  ' Cutie' '♥' And things like that were written on the bracelets, but none of them caught his eye. Except for one.. It was a silver bracelet with the words 'I'm always by your side' written in black metallic paint on it. This was the one. It was perfect. Perfect for Bakugou. He took it off the shelf and walked over to the cashier with a pleased smile on his face. He put the money on the counter as the cashier put it in a small black box with red velvet cloth inside, he thanked her and walked over to where Bakugou said he would be.

He couldn't believe his eyes at what he saw.

Bakugou. His Bakugou. Was being flirted with by some random pervert looking guy. He could feel his blood boil and shoved the black box into his pocket, he would save it for later. He marched over and stood beside Bakugou, giving the blonde a warning look. Bakugou gulped.

"Is there a problem here?" Todoroki said in a dark tone, almost like his father's...

"Just talking to this cutie here.." The man said with a creepy smile on his face, Todoroki could feel himself blush in anger. He grabbed Bakugou's hand forcefully and glared at the man.

"Well this 'cutie' here is mine, so fuck off." He growled as he squeezed the blonde's hand to calm himself before he did something rash. The man raised his hands in defense and walked off and out of the shop. Todoroki sighed and looked back at Bakugou.

"Damn.." Bakugou said, the air knocked out of his lungs at Todoroki's new possessiveness. Bakugou grinned and squeezed Todoroki's hand gently as he pulled him closer to plant a kiss on his cheek. "That was hot."

~~~~~~~~~

Bakugou knocked on the door, he felt like he had to knock now. His mother opened the door and smiled at her son. "Get in here!"

Bakugou and his father sat in silence on different chairs in the living room, Mitsuki was getting ready to leave to catch up with old friends for a couple hours. Bakugou gulped, he really hoped his mother would stay. Once the door closed Masaru stood up and scowled at him.

"Take your shirt off." He ordered before walking to the kitchen. Bakugou stood there dumbfounded and lost for words. Take his shirt off? The hell was he going to to now?

Bakugou's POV:

I slipped my shirt off and threw it onto the sofa and waited. He came back in with something in his hands.. He raised the item to his mouth and lit it. A cigarette? He took a puff of it and walked over to me. He grabbed my arm, rather forcefully, and pressed the cigarette against my skin. I screamed in agony as I tried to tear my arm away. But he wouldn't let go. The cigarette burned at my skin and he twisted it around a little to make the damage worse.

"STOP IT PLEASE!" I begged through screams and tears. He just glared at me and pressed it onto another spot on my arm, quite close to the previous one. I screamed again and fell to my knees, my arm that was being burnt was raised above my head. He took the cigarette away and threw it onto the table. He pushed me onto my back by my shoulders and kicked me where the sun doesn't shine. I groaned loudly and made a run for it. Problem was, I could barely crawl.

He dragged me back by my ankle towards him, I clawed at the carpet to keep myself as far as possible from him, but I wasn't making much progress. He positioned me sitting infront of him, he scowled at me before punching me right in the jaw. I screamed and cried as loud as I could, hoping someone would hear me. Nobody came. No one. Not even Shouto. I'm alone with this monster that calls himself a father.

~~~~~~~~~

I curled up in my dorm room bed and cried silently. I decided to come back on Sunday morning, instead of staying the whole weekend. Like come on, I could barely move. I was a little surprised when I heard the door open and close. Was Kirishima or Shouto back? I thought they were visiting their homes? I decided to stay in bed because, well, I can't move. I at least raised my head to see who it is. I could feel the air knocked out of my lungs as I saw Shouto in the hallway, blood coming from his mouth and his clothes wrinkled.

He looked up and locked eyes with me, his eyes widening as he stumbled back a couple steps. He clearly had a slight limp, guess the same thing happened to him. He scanned my face for a couple seconds and saw the bruises on my face and my puffy and exhausted eyes. He ran over to me (barely), and knelt beside my bed. He winced when his knees hit the floor.

"He did this didn't he?!" He yelled, clutching my shoulder and searching my face for some sort of reaction.

"Yeah.." I answered back quietly, I raised my arm and wiped the blood from his lip, he looked at my finger and sighed. "Same thing happened to me.."

"Will it always be like this?" I ask him in a sad tone, though my face can barely make an expression without hurting like hell. I look at him more closely, I can see a faint bruise on his cheek, his lip busted, his wrinkled and slightly ripped clothes. He sighs.

"Unless we do something about it.." He says, answering my question.

I felt my stomach churn when the first idea I had of 'doing something about it' was suicide. I stared down at my hands, they were shaking violently. I looked at Shouto and he looked like he had the same thought.

~~~~~~~~~

1291 Words

Sorry for the SUPER late update ;-; I've been busy.