Chapter 9

God, Bakugou..What's going on at home? And how do I help?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third person POV:

A few days had passed and day by day Bakugou got quieter, and quieter. He shouted less, the only times he did was when his 'friends' were about to do something dumb or they tried to mess with him. And in those days, Todoroki got more concerned by the second. Him and a few others have noticed small bruises on his face, bruises and cuts on his arms when he changed into his hero suit, but everyone just thought he was just getting into dumb fights. Everyone's assumptions for why Bakugou got these just made him sadder.

'Am I that much of a trouble maker?' 'Why don't they care?' 'Why are they shrugging it off?' 'Am I not worth their worry?' And so much more circled Bakugou's mind, it shocked him every time.
A couple times Bakugou couldn't take it, he ran out of the class and cried in the stalls. He felt so weak.

So worthless.

So dumb.

So annoying.

So irrelevant.

He hated himself.

Cuts had gotten deeper, spread across his body. He realized that cutting his arms wasn't the best choice, since a lot of his clothes were short sleeve and he had to change infront of his classmates. He had gotten a couple looks and questions, he always replied with "it's from past fights" because they could never find out what happened behind closed doors. Him and Todoroki had hung out more, Todoroki brang up small packs of food up to the roof to eat with his new close friend. Nobody came up to the roof during lunch so they had the whole floor to themselves. The half and half boy would always push Bakugou just that little bit to open up about his sad feelings that fed into his thoughts. Day by day they got worse and worse.

Bakugou's POV:

"Katsuki..How are you feeling right now?" He asked me, he does this every day. I try my best to tell at least a half truth.

"Just a little sad again." I say blankly while staring at my food, untouched. Todoroki notices.

"I know you're not eating.. Don't think I wouldn't notice. But please.. You can't train properly if you're not eating. You know that right?" He gives me a concerned look, his eyes not leaving mine.

"I know, I know. I'm just not hungry at this time of day is all." I say, lying through my teeth. I lean my head onto his shoulder, signaling I want a hug but don't want to ask. He knows me enough to know what I meant, he wraps his arm around my shoulder and drops his head to rest against my head.

"From another's perspective.. We probably look like lovers." I mumble, wishing I didn't say that because I could feel my face turn red. I just bury my head further into his shoulder.

"Yeah, it probably does. I wouldn't blame them. I'd think so too." He chuckles, finishing his food and collecting my container still filled with food.

He stays silent for a moment, with a stressed look on his face. He looks over to me, his eyebrows furrowed together in concern.

"I'm really worried for you Katsuki... I've noticed a ton of bruises and cuts all over your body.." he says, his eyes start to tear up. Tears close to running down his cheek. I gasp, but I don't say anything. I don't know what to say.

"Are you.. Checking me out in the changing rooms?" I chuckle nervously, begging to change the subject to anything but this. He has me cornered.

"Katsuki." He whispers darkly, gritting his teeth as a tear falls down his cheek. Fuck. I wipe the tear away and hug him tightly. He.. He's not hugging back.