Chapter 24

I felt my stomach churn when the first idea I had of 'doing something about it' was suicide. I stared down at my hands, they were shaking violently. I looked at Shouto and he looked like he had the same thought.

~~~~~~~~~

Third Person POV:

It was Tuesday and Midoriya was scribbling away in his notebook in the comfort of his All Might merch filled dorm room. He had caught on slightly about Bakugou and Todoroki's change in behavior, Todoroki's only being subtle.

Bakugou had been shouting less, not shouting at all at this point, abruptly leaving in the middle of class occasionally, he and Todoroki had developed noticeable eye bags and they both had a slight limp. Though yesterday and today they looked like they were forcing themselves to move, it was painful to watch. They gave the excuse of "we were just sparring" but Midoriya was having none of it.

He looked into mental illnesses, such as PTSD, anxiety, depression and tested if the symptoms matched up to the two boy's new daily behaviors. Though it didn't help much as he didn't know exactly what they were thinking and feeling. But he still tried. He desperately wanted to help them, hoping they would go back to their usual selves. Though he did enjoy his childhood friend treating him nicely for once..

One of the big breakthroughs he had made was that he may or may not had seen scars and cuts around their wrists, he wasn't sure but he may have saw a glimpse of one on their chests. He felt sad just thinking about it.

He suddenly stopped writing completely. What would he do if he found out? Get them help? What if they didn't want it? Or they began to dislike him for meddling with their lives?
He didn't want that. He loved having Todoroki as a friend and Bakugou as his classmate, he couldn't bare the thought of them disliking him, even though Bakugou hated him in the past.

He got up and clapped his hands, feeling determined. He would help them, if something was wrong. He left his room and set out to find the two boys.

~~~~~~~~~

Midoriya's POV:

To my surprise, Kacchan and Todoroki were sitting in the lounge. I guessed they would be in their dorm rooms? It's 7:24 pm!

I walk closer and hear...Sniffling? Is one of them crying? But they're both looking at the floor.. I can't imagine Kacchan crying so it must be Todoroki.. Maybe this is my chance to talk to them?

I cautiously sit beside Todoroki on the couch, since that was the only available spot. I look over at them and give them a big smile. Oh.. Oh my god. They're both crying?! Kacchan looks like he's been crying for longer than Todoroki. Ok, something is DEFINITELY up!

"Are you both ok? Did something happen?" I say, glancing to the floor then to their wrists. I see a small cut on Todoroki's wrist and faint scars on Kacchan's, I think.

"Y-yeah, just fine.. Midoriya." Kacchan mumbles, sniffling and wiping a tear falling down his cheek. This is a surprising sight to see. I can see Todoroki wipe his eyes from the corner of my eye, I can feel my heart sink at the sight of them crying..

"Is there anything you want to talk about?" I suggest. They look at each other for a moment before Todoroki shakes his head and sighs. "We're fine, Midoriya.." He says, gritting his teeth. He looks intimidating like that..

I look at Kacchan, incase he wants to talk, but he clearly doesn't. He accidently lets out a loud sob and covers his mouth quickly in panic. I frown and catch his eye, another tear falls down his cheek.

"Do you maybe..." I pause. "Need a hug?" I finish, holding out my arms. They looked shocked for a moment until Kacchan jumps into my arms, almost knocking me over. Todoroki smiles and rubs Kacchan's back. Kacchan's holding onto my neck so hard that I can barely breathe!