Chapter 14

Before this chapter starts I'd like to thank you for over 1.5k reads and almost 100 votes! Wow! Also I'd like to thank my friend Jae for endlessly supporting me through my time writing this and keeping me positive when I was doubting my work. Thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm sorry." He repeats, then leaves. I can hear muffles downstairs, but no yelling. Thank god. The front door shuts and I can hear stomping coming up the stairs..

Old hag, get home quick..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third person POV:

His father stomps angrily up the stairs while his son trembles in fear in the middle of his room. With a yelp from Bakugou, the door swings open to reveal his outraged father with practically steam coming out of his ears. His father looked at him in anger and disgust, Bakugou quickly adjusts himself knowing fully well what was about to happen. Just as he had guessed, his father stomps up to him yelling rude and loud words. But Bakugou didn't care, he was zoned out and staring into space.

'I really am weak..'

'I'm an idiot..'

'Nobody cares..'

'Just let me rot..'

'Just let me die.'

The last thought came as a surprise to him, was he suicidal? Was he? Before he could work it out, his father grasped his hair and pulled him closer to his face, so his son couldn't look away and ignore his harsh words. The blonde stared at him blankly, eyes dead. No source of life found in his dazed expression. His father gasped, he assumed that his son was being ignorant or was shrugging off his words. He had enough. He threw him onto the ground and slammed his hand around his neck, and squeezed. Awareness of the situation hit Bakugou like a pile of bricks. He clawed at his father's hand to get it off, but his lack of oxygen was taking over his strength. So all he did was squirm and try to shout for help. He thought that.. This might be the end for him. Would his father really kill him? For what, talking to another human being? He didn't get it. He honestly didn't want to know the reason. And he gave up. He stopped pushing, kicking, shouting. He just laid there, taking in shaky breaths while his father looked at him shocked. His father realized that his son had given up, given up fighting. He released his hand and stood up, he didn't want his only stress reliever to just die. Bakugou looked at his so-called father, only looking away to cough.

"Dumb weakling.. How are you going to get anywhere if you just give up just like that? Pathetic!" He shouts, and angrily stomps out of the room muttering insults that only he could hear. Bakugou slowly, ever so slowly, sits himself up. He looks around his room. His eyes tracing every shelf, every poster, every crack in the ceiling, everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

flashback time

Bakugou sat on his chair, desk infront of him, reading a book he was told to read for school. He looked up when he heard steps coming up the stairs, they sounded rather angry. He put his book down when the steps came closer to his room. He waited patiently for the door to open but almost fell out of his chair when it burst open instead.

"D-Dad? Is something wrong..?" he said trembling slightly, his father only growled in response. Without warning, he smacked him across the face. Bakugou fell to the floor from the impact. Tears started to prick the corners of his eyes as he looked up at the tall figure that stares at him with rage.

"W-What did I d-do?!" He whines, gripping onto the chair so hard his knuckles turn white. His father scoffs, and hits him again. Over and over and over and over again until Bakugou, his son, is trembling on the floor with a nosebleed and fresh bruises scattered all over his body.

"Why.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bakugou is awoken from his trance by the front door opening then closing, followed by loud yelling. He couldn't hear what they were saying through his closed door. He got up slowly, and staggered to the door, still dizzy from being almost strangled to death. He could hear, his mother was home and cursing at his father for drinking and leaving the place a mess. He zoned out for a second, but he could've sworn he heard his name being mentioned. By his father. He walked lazily to the staircase and walked downstairs, holding onto the banister with little strength.

He looked up and saw his mother, pointing a blaming finger at his father, who was shouting back at her. Bakugou cleared his throat, not wishing to hear the yelling any longer. His head hurt like hell. Mitsuki instantly stopped talking, and looked up at her son with wide, worried eyes. Did he look weird? Why was she looking so... Scared? Bakugou turned to his father who had the same look, but a little anger mixed in.

"W-what?" He croaked out, his throat hurting from being squeezed. His mother ran up to him and inspected his face closely, her expression becoming more scared by the second.

Little did Bakugou know, his face was pale with blotches of colour, his eyes swollen and red with faint red marks on his neck. His stance was also off, obviously showing how weak he felt. Mitsuki turned slowly to her husband, rage and disbelief in her eyes. He looked confused and shocked at her, like he didn't know what happened either. 'Bastard.' Bakugou thought.

"Christ, Katsuki, what happened?" she asked, but before he could answer, her phone started ringing. She took it out and sighed, "I've gotta take this, talk about this later." She said dully and answered her phone and stepped outside. Bakugou and his father instantly look at each other. His father's eyes filled with rage, and his own looking dead and empty.

"You better keep your mouth shut, you little shit." His father warned, getting up from the couch. He walks upstairs saying a quick "You look disgusting" and disappearing up the staircase. Bakugou only stared at the floor, taking slow breaths. He had no energy, no hope. Nothing. His father knew it too. If only Bakugou knew what was going on in the Todoroki household..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1044 Words