Chapter 6

"Shh...It's ok, just let it out, Katsuki. I'm here." his chin resting on top of my head. I lean my head onto his shoulder and do as he said. I let it all out. He sighs and brings his hand to my back and rubs soothing circles into it as he did when I was sick, I continue sobbing into his shoulder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Todoroki's POV:

Bakugou left to go home, poor guy. I wonder what made him so sick?

I walk back into the classroom, aware of the swarm of questions I'm about to get.
Midoriya, Uraraka and Iida run up to me and ask if Bakugou was ok. I nod in response.

"He uhm..Went home due to personal matters.." I mumble, sounding unsure. Midoriya turns to Uraraka and whispers something to her, I couldn't catch what it was. She nods, and looks up at me.

"Can you at least tell us what happened?" She begs, Midoriya turns to me as she says this, a worried expression plastered onto his face. I wave my hand to dismiss the question,

"He told me to keep it between me and him, now if you'll excuse me I'll get going to my desk." I reply, I didn't want it to sound cold or harsh but it came out that way. I hope they don't take it the wrong way.

"That's fine..We'll leave you alone now!" Midoriya chuckles nervously and retreats back to his desk where he was talking to Uraraka and Iida before I walked in, the other two followed.

I walk back to my desk ignoring the stares from my classmates, 'Jeez, can they keep their noses out of anything?' I sigh.

I text Bakugou for a bit then I hear the bell, signaling the last period of the day. Aizawa wakes up and gathers himself then begins to talk to us. If you asked me what that lesson was about, I wouldn't be able to tell you. I wasn't listening, just staring off into space thinking about the recent event that had happened just minutes ago. I hear mentions of "student stress" and how they are coming up with ways to try and keep our stress levels down so we can perform better in training. By the end of the lesson I'm still thinking about everything and nothing all at once. The bell rings throughout the school, telling the students to get the hell out of here. I pack my things and leave, thinking of only one thing. 'I wonder how Bakugou is doing?'

I walk home and change out of my uniform into a maroon turtle neck and black jeans, I nod at the mirror thinking I look reasonably ok.
'Should I text Bakugou? I'm sure he's worrying about homework so I should tell him we got none..Yeah that's a good excuse.'
I pull out my phone from my pocket and begin typing the message. 'I'll just make it short and sweet, nothing big.'

2 hours passed and it's unread, what could he be doing? Surely he'd see it if he was resting in bed? Maybe he's busy with something..Like getting water. 'Ok, stop worrying Shouto.'
About half an hour later it shows as read, but no reply. I would be lying if I said I wasn't feeling lonely, I feel like I've gotten a lot closer to Bakugou and can safely call him my friend. I'm hoping he thinks the same.

It's now sometime after 5, still no reply. I'm starting to get worried..And kind of clingy?
I send him a message practically BEGGING him to let me come over, I really don't care how it makes me look, I have a really bad feeling and I need to make sure nothing is wrong.

King_ExplosionMurder: ..Please, come over. Please.

My eyes widen at the message, it sounds like he's in danger!  He sends his location and I sprint out of the house, not bothering to tell anyone I'm going out. I follow the arrow on the map leading to his house. Finally, I arrive.

I knock on the door and shout for him to let me in, I hear shuffling and finally the door swings open. I couldn't believe what was in front of me.

Bakugou had tears streaming down his face, his cheek red and his eye swollen. We were both scanning each other's appearances, what the hell happened to him!?
I run into the house and slam the door, stopping any curious onlookers that might be watching from the street. I pull him into a tight hug, he gasps in what seems to sound like pain. Looking at his face I'm guessing there are bruises all over his body, so I lighten my grip and whisper words of comfort into his ear. He leans his head into my shoulder and cries uncontrollably. It breaks my heart seeing him like this.

Whoever hurt him is going to pay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PRESENT TIME

Third person POV:

The two boys sit on Bakugou's bed, Bakugou crying into the other's arms and Todoroki rubbing circles into his back soothingly, trying to calm him down.
Sniffs and shaky breaths are heard from the blonde, Todoroki rests his chin on his head.

"Bakugou..What happened to you..? You don' t have to tell me just yet but...Let me help." Todoroki whispers, his voice echoing throughout the room.

"N-not yet..Just s-stay for a l-little longer.." Bakugou pleads, the words coming out in hiccups.

Todoroki sighed, and pulled him in closer. He understood fully well he didn't want to talk about it and just wanted some comfort and someone to listen to him. Todoroki did just that.

"Alright..You can tell me when you're ready, ok?" He replies. He felt Bakugou nod in his grasp and that was enough.

Bakugou continues sobbing into his shoulder for another couple of minutes, Todoroki listens and whispers words of comfort into his ear. Finally, Bakugou calms down at looks up to the other's bi coloured eyes. He could've sworn he saw stars in them.

"T-thank you..Todo-"

"Call me Shouto." Todoroki interrupts, he really didn't mind Bakugou calling him by first name. He felt very close to the blonde after this, Bakugou was opening up.

"Thank y-you Shouto.." Bakugou whispered, a small smile on his face. Todoroki's heart started to flutter at his weak smile, he smiled back at him.

"L-look I really don't want t-to talk about it..I just want-" He gets interrupted.

"Some comfort? Someone to listen? Don't worry, I'm here. Ok? I'm here to listen." Todoroki assures, cupping Bakugou's face gently to show that he was serious. Bakugou nods in agreement and hugs Todoroki once again, he doesn't hesitate to return the hug.

"God, Bakugou..I've never seen you like this.. Something really bad must've happened." He whispers drying the blonde's tears with his thumb, blushing at how soft his skin was and shocked at how he could still look so beautiful while crying. "Mhm.." Bakugou hums, closing his eyes while his tears are being dried. He could stay in this moment forever and enjoy every second, Todoroki felt the same.

Bakugou hears Todoroki chuckle, and looks up at him hoping that he's not laughing at him.
He realized what Bakugou could be thinking and quickly said, "It's just..I'm glad you're letting your guard down around me. I just want to be your friend, the shoulder you cry on, the person you tell your problems to.." He gently kisses Bakugou's forehead, hoping he didn't cross a line. Bakugou pulls him into a tight hug, forgetting the aching pain in his body. He mumbles a muffled "Thank you" into his shirt, not daring to look at him while he's blushing so intensely.

"Anytime Katsuki..I'm always here."

Bakugou smiles into Todoroki's shirt, realizing that someone is there for him. For once, he can talk to someone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1298 Words