Chapter 13

And that's when it hit me.

He's going to see my scars.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

!SWEARING AND VIOLENCE WARNING!

Bakugou's POV:

I quickly pull my blazer back on before he could see, and snatch the bandages off of him.

"I-I can do it myself don't worry!"

I try and yank the bandages out of his hand, but he keeps a firm grip on them.

"Katsuki... What are you hiding from me?" He murmurs, his voice broken and full of worry. I frown at him and try taking the bandages again, but he won't budge.

"It's fine!" I yell. "I can do it myself!"

Todoroki just growls at me with the face of 'this is your final warning'. I flinch and let go of the bandages. "I'm doing it." He says, his voice stern. "Fine.." I mutter. I can't fight with this guy, it's impossible. I slowly take off my blazer, avoiding eye contact with him. I start to unbutton my shirt then finally take it off. He stays silent for a moment before walking closer to me and unwrapping the previous bandages around my stomach.

"I wish you told me sooner..." He sighs while wrapping the new bandages around me. I can't look him in the eye after this..

"Promise me you'll stop?" He pleads, holding up my arm full of cuts and scars. I only hum in response because I can't make a promise I probably won't be able to keep.

We sit down on the bed, not daring to say anything. After a minute of silence, Todoroki sighs and looks over to me.

"I know how hard it is.. I really do." He sighs and rolls up his sleeves and shows me..His...SCARS?!

"My father used to hit me... Aswell.. He's gotten a bit better I guess. I used to cut, the same as you. But I stopped during middle school."

I was stunned, I couldn't speak. He used to be like me? So he knows how it feels? He knows the damage it causes..? I didn't have the energy to cry, so I just hugged him and smiled weakly.

"You know..." He begins. "You're still not wearing a shirt?"

He chuckles while I frantically search for a shirt, my face beetroot red.

"I've seen you shirtless before, what's the problem?" He laughs while leaning his head against the wall and folding his arms. I chuckle when I realized he's right, he has. We've shared changing rooms together since we got into U.A. So why am I acting all shy now?

Todoroki shifts around on the bed, looking uncomfortable and biting his lip. I make a confused sound to get his attention, he looks up at me in shock that I noticed his fidgeting.

"Just.." He starts, "how long has your dad been...?"

I stare at him blankly, nothing and everything going through my mind. We sit in silence for what seems like forever. I'd do anything to come up with a good excuse to dodge the question, but I can't. He looks at me patiently, waiting for my answer. That's when I realized... 'How long has it been?' I didn't even know myself. I clear my throat and look back at him, "I'm not sure. A while I think." I say blankly, my face expressionless and empty. He furrows his eyebrows in a serious look, maybe he's trying to get me to open up more? Hell no! I've cried too many times infront of him! I fidget with my fingertips, wishing the awkward silence would stop. Todoroki clears his throat.

"How long do you need me to stay?" He questions, tilting his head to look at me.

"I don't know." My voice sounds so... I don't know.. Like a robot, there's no emotion. I really wish he didn't ask that question. (referring to Todoroki asking how long his dad was abusing him)

He holds my hand, I jump and the memories come flooding back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(flashback to when Bakugou was in middle school)

He grabs my hand and yanks me up, my arm feels like it's about to come out of it's socket.

"Dumb faggot! Why were you with that boy?!" He shouts into my ear, tears stream down my face.

"DAD STOP! HE'S A FRIEND FROM SCHOOL!" I scream, squirming around to get out of his grip but failing miserably.

"BULLSHIT! YOU WEAK SHIT! YOU DON'T DESERVE FRIENDS!" He yells throwing me on the floor, hard if I may add. He slams his hand on my throat and squeezes, I try and get away but I can't. I'm stuck. He's got me. He grabs my hand and-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I look up to see a terrified Todoroki, and that's when I realize I'm on the floor with tears running down my face and gasping. I look to see I have my arm raised in defense. Todoroki looks absolutely petrified.

"K-K-Katsuki...?" He barely gets out, he's slightly shaking and I can hear his heartbeat from here on the floor. Or is it mine?

"W-what happened?" I ask getting up, I fall immediately back down because I'm shaking so much and can't even keep my ground. Seriously, what happened?

"Y-You just started crying and screaming... T-Then.. You jumped away from me and fell on the floor..." He tries his best to explain. I can tell. Before I can answer my 'dad' busts through the door with an outraged look.

"WHAT'S WITH THE SCREAMING?!" He yells at both of us, Todoroki just gasps at the loud tone while I'm used to it.

"S-sorry..I.. Uhm.." I mumble, Todoroki looks lost for words and starting to shake more.

"DID YOU TRY ANYTHING WITH HIM?!" He stomps over to Todoroki, glaring at him, face red with rage. Todoroki raises his arm in fear.

"I-I didn't do a-anything! He j-just started freaking out!" He says nervously while slowly scooting away from him. My 'dad' glances over at me, I nod. "I-It's true.." He growls and stomps out of the room, slamming the door behind him.
I look at Todoroki, he's shaking in fear. He's still staring at where my 'dad' stood infront of him, his arm still raised.

"Y-you ok?" I mutter staggering over to him, I'm still shaking myself.

"H-He just reminded me of m-my father w-when he..." He says slowly, his voice broken and hurt sounding. I get it now, it reminded him of when he was abused. We're not that different after all...

His phone pings, he picks it up slowly and almost drops it from trembling. He looks at the screen for a few seconds before locking eyes with me.

"I..I have to go.." He whispers slowly, he looks as scared as I feel. He's leaving me alone? After what just happened?

"Y-You can't leave me here!" I yell but not loud enough for my 'dad' to hear. I grab both his hands and hold them close to my chest.

"I don't want to... But I'm afraid.. I have to. I'm sorry." He gets up slowly, collecting his bag and opening the door slowly.

"I'm sorry." He repeats, then leaves. I can hear muffles downstairs, but no yelling. Thank god. The front door shuts and I can hear stomping coming up the stairs.. 

Old hag, get home quick..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1203 Words