Bad Wolf [4]

Agorax screamed as he got disintegrated by the Anne Droid.

"That leaves Rose and Rodrick. You're going head to head." The Anne Droid announced "Let's play The Weakest Link,"

"Right, that's the end of tactical voting." Rodrick told Rose "You're on your own,"

***

"Hey, handsome! Good to see ya!"

"Jack!" Tiaalen exclaimed as she ran up to the ex-Time Agent and hugged him.

Jack hugged the young Jedi and looked to the TimeLord for answers "Any sign of Rose?"

"Can't you track her down?" The Doctor spat

"She must still be inside the games. All the rooms are shielded,"

Tia moved over to a console "If I can just get inside this computer. She's got to be here somewhere,"

"Well, you'd better hurry up. These games don't have a happy ending,"

"Do you think I don't know that?"

Jack handed over his wrist computer "There you go, patch that in. It's programmed to find her,"

"Thanks,"

Jack watched the Jedi work on the computer before deciding to speak, he looked to the side to ensure the Doctor was preoccupied "You know...we never did finish that conversation,"

"It's not compatible. This stupid system doesn't make sense," Tiaalen kicked the console.

"This place should be a basic broadcaster, but the systems are twice as complicated." The Doctor reasoned "It's more than just television. This station's transmitting something else,"

"Like what?" Jack questioned

"I don't know. This whole Bad Wolf thing's tied up with me. Someone's manipulated my entire lift. It's some sort of trap and Rose is stuck inside it,"

***

"Rose, in geography, the Grand Central Ravine is named after which Ancient Britain City?" The Anne Droid asked

"Is it York?" Rose said unsure.

"No, the correct answer is Sheffield,"

***

"Found her." Tiaalen declared "Floor four oh seven,"

"Oh, my God, she's with the Anne Droid." Lynda realized "You've got to get her out of there,"

The Doctor and Lynda hurried off, Jack moved to follow but Tia held him back.

"Jack...I do remember our conversation. And I promise we will finish it...but right now, we need to save my friend," Tiaalen kissed Jack as the two quickly followed after the Time Lord, neither one letting go of the other's hand.

***

"Rodrick, in literature, the author of 'Lucky' was Jackie who?" The Anne Droid asked

"Stewart," Rodrick guessed

"No, the correct answer is Collins. Rose, the oldest inhabitant of the Isop Galaxy is the Face of what?"

"Boe! The Face of Boe!" Rose exclaimed

"That is the correct answer. Rodrick, in history, who was the President of the Red Velvets?"

"Hoshbin Frane," Rodrick replied

"That is the correct answer," The Anne Droid turned her head sharply to Rose. "Rose, in food, the dish Gaffabeque originated on which planet?"

"Um...is it...Mars?"

"Nope, the correct answer is Lucifer. Rodrick, which measurement of length is said to have been defined by the Emperor Jate as the distance from his nose to his fingertip?"

"Would that be a goffle?" Rodrick said

"No, the correct answer is a paab. Rose, in fashion, Stella Pok Baint is famous for what?"

"Shoes,"

"No, the correct answer is hats. Rodrick, in physics, who discovered Fifteen Dash Ten Barric Fields?"

"San Hazeldine," Rodrick answered

"No. the correct answer is San Chen. Rose, in history, which Icelandic city hosted Murder Spree Twenty?"

"Reykjavik?" Rose guessed

"No, the correct answer is Pola Venturea,"

"Oh, my God!" Rodrick cheered "I've done it! You've lost!"

"But I'm not meant to be here. I need to find the Doctor, he's got to be here somewhere he's always here! He wouldn't just leave me!" Rose cried

"Rodrick, you are the strongest link, you will be transported home with one thousand six hundred credits," The Anne Droid declared

"Oh, thank you, thank you so much," Rodrick cheered

"This game is illegal. I'm telling you to stop!" Rose exclaimed

The door exploded open with Tiaalen standing in front of The Doctor and Jack with her hand extended.

"Rose!" The Doctor called out "Stop this game!"

"Rose, you leave this life with nothing," The Anne Droid said

"Stop this game!" Jack demanded

"I order you to stop this game!" The Doctor ordered

"You are the weakest link," The Anne Droid said

"Look out for the Anne Droid, it's armed!" Rose warned

"Rose!" Tiaalen cried out as she ran towards the blonde.

"Tia!" Jack shouted as the Anne Droid shot at the duo, leaving just a pile of dust on the floor. "What the hell did you to her?!" Jack exclaimed to the floor manager.

The Doctor crouched down to the pile of dust that was Rose and Tiaalen. He picked up a piece of the dust between his fingers, feeling it...The Doctor was just staring-broken, hollow.

Jack brandished the gun at the Floor Manager and Rodrick "Back off!"

"I need security and I need it here right now! It's this lot..." The Floor Manager ordered

A security guard appeared behind the Doctor.

"Don't you touch him! Leave him alone!"

The Security guard pulled the Doctor to his feet and placed a gun to his head.

The Doctor lost the will to resist. He just let the Security Guard do it.

"You killed her!" Jack barked at the Floor Manager while his hands were tied "Your stupid freaking game show killed her!"

"Sir, I'm arresting you under Private Legislation Sixteen of the Game Station Syndicate," The Security Guard told the Doctor.

Jack stared down at the pile of ashes that used to be Tiaalen. A tear was glistening in his eye as he thought about Tiaalen's last words to him and her lips on his. "She couldn't be gone." He thought. "She couldn't be,"