The Unquiet Dead Pt. 2

Tiaalen didn't wait for the two men as she bounded up the stairs to the front door but before she could do any harm the Doctor grabbed her arm "Let's at least try to be civilized human beings," she glared but stood behind him as he knocked on the door a woman greeting us.

"I'm sorry, sir. We're closed,"

"Nonsens." Charles declared "Since when did an Undertaker keep office hours? The dead don't die on schedule. I demand to see your master,"

The Doctor looked down at Tia as her breathing hitched, but she showed no other signs of emotion. "He's not in, sir," Gwyneth proclaimed

"Don't lie to us," Tiaalen growled

"I'm awfully sorry, but the master's indisposed," a gas lamp flared causing the Doctor to stir into action

"Having trouble with your gas?"

"What the Shakespeare is going on?" he looked to Tia only to see her eyes closed, as if she were in a meditative state.

She opened them causing Charles to jump "Doctor!" without waiting she took off into the house.

"You're not allowed inside," the lady exclaimed.

Tia came to a door in the hallway and stopped "That's her,"

"You sure?"

As if on cue Rose's shouting could be heard on the other side "Open the door!"

"How dare you." A man exclaimed coming into the hallway "This is my house!"

"Let me out! Somebody open the door! Open the door!" Tiaalen turned to the Doctor, her eyes asking a question and he nodded, immediately pushing people a little ways back.

"Rose if you can hear me, back away from the door!" The Doctor shouted as Tia made a fist and without touching the door, punched it open, splintering the wood. The Doctor quickly pulled Rose away from the figure.

"It's a prank. It must be. We're under some mesmeric influence," Charles proclaimed

"No, we're not. The dead are wallking," he put a hand on Tiaalen's shoulder seeing her shiver in disgust.

"Who's your friend?" Rose asked

"Charles Dickens,"

"Okay," she gave a small smile to Tia, but she didn't return it, and even Rose couldn't help but be slightly afraid, seeing her friend on edge like that.

The Doctor looked at the figure "My name's the Doctor. Who are you, then? What do you want?"

Several voices seemed to talk at once "Failing. Open the rift. We're dying. Trapped in this form. Cannot sustain. Help us. Argh!" The gas left the bodies and returned into the gas lamps causing the corpses to collapse.

.............................................................................................................................

The lady poured tea they all gathered in the living room with Rose spewing up a storm "First of all you drug me, then you kidnap me, and don't think I didn't feel your hands having a quick wander, you dirty old man,"

"I won't be spoken to like this!" but with a glare from Tiaalen, the undertaker sat back down.

"Then you stuck me in a room full of zombies! And if that ain't enough, you swan off and leave me to die! So come on, talk!"

"It's not my fault." he proclaimed "It's this house. It always had a reputation. Haunted. But I never had much bother until a few months back, and then the stiffs, er, dear departed started getting restless,"