Father's Day Pt. 4

The Doctor entered the Church Anteroom. Pete was checking a door was secure. The Doctor looked out of the window. Pete joined him.

"There's smoke coming up from the city but no sirens." Pete said urgently "I, I don't think it's just us, I think these things are all over the place. Maybe the whole world,"

The Doctor didn't seem to be listening. He was staring in dismay out of the window. The car that should have killed Pete appeared out of thin air, tires screeching. It rounded the corner and the terrified driver threw a hand over his face as it disappeared again. It happened repeatedly. Pete glanced out of the window.

"Was that a car?" Pete asked

"It's not important. Don't worry about it," The Doctor left. Pete stared out of the window.

***

The Reapers clambered against the large stained-glass window, trying to get into the church. Rose sat alone near the altar, looking as though she had been crying when Pete came in through a side door with his hands in his pockets to talk to her.

"This mate of yours...what do you mean, this is your fault?" Pete asked

"Dunno...just...everything," Rose said teary.

"I gave you my car keys,"

Rose gazed at him, eyes red.

"You don't give your keys to a complete stranger," Pete said

Still, Rose watched him as he worked it out.

"It's...it's like I trusted you. Moment I met you, I just did. A wound in time..." Pete continued

Rose chewed her lip.

"You called me Dad. I can see it...my eyes...Jackie's attitude...you sound like her when you shout..." Pete reached out and touched Rose's face tentatively. Rose closed her eyes. He dropped his hand, but Rose took it in hers and held it back to her face. "You are. You are...you're my Rose. You're my Rose grown up," he threw his arms around her. Losing all remaining control, Rose's tears started to flow again.

"Dad...my Dad. My Daddy..." Rose cried.

They embraced.

***

Tiaalen crashed around in the main church, checking all possible exits. She was approached by Stuart and Sarah.

"Excuse me! Miss..."

"Tiaalen," Tia said without looking at him.

"You seem to know what's going on,"

Tiaalen checked the lock "I give that impression, yeah,"

"I just wanted to ask..."

"Can you save us?" Sarah cut across Stuart.

The words seemed to finally grab Tia's attention. She turned to look at Sarah. Tiaalen walked towards them, observing them both.

"Who are you two, then?" Tia asked

"Stuart Hoskins,"

"Sarah Clarke,"

Tiaalen nodded towards Sarah's bump "And one extra. Boy or girl?"

Sarah ran her hands over her bump "I don't know. I don't want to know, really,"

"How did all this get started?"

Sarah glanced at Stuart.

"Outside the Big Box Club. Two in the morning," Stuart said.