Aliens of London

The TARDIS materialized in Powell Estate. Rose and the Doctor got out, while Tiaalen stood in the doorway "How long have I been gone?" Rose asked the Doctor

"About twelve hours,"

"Oh. Right, I won't be long. I just want to see my mum,"

"What're you going to tell her?"

"I don't know. I've been to the year 5 billion and only been gone, what twelve hours?"

"I thought humans didn't have time travel capabilites, yet..." Tia said

"Sarcasm," The Doctor expained

Rose smiled "I'll just tell her I spent the night at Shareen's. See you later." she began to head off but stopped "Oh, don't you disappear," Rose ran up the stairs to her flat and Tiaalen headed over to a concrete pillar.

"I've got a bad feeling about this," she muttered as she handed the Doctor the paper she found.

.............................................................................................................................

"I'm back!" Rose shouted as she entered the flat "I was with Shareen. She was all upset again." she didn't receive a response "Are you in?" she kept walking further into the flat "So, what's been going on? How've you been?" she noticed Jackie's look "What? What's that face for? It's not the first time I've stayed out all night," Jackie dropped her mug of tea, smashing it onto the floor.

"It's you," Jackie whispered

"Of course it's me,"

"Oh, my God. It's you. Oh my God," Jackie hugged Rose, who spotted the several different types of missing person posters on the table. The Doctor ran in with Tia right behind.

"It's not twelve hours, it's twelve months. You've been gone a whole year. Sorry,"

.............................................................................................................................

A police officer had joined the group in the living room as Jackie stood, pacing. "The hours I've sat here, days and weeks and months, all on my own. I thought you were dead, and where were you? Travelling. What the hell does that mean, travelling? That's no answer." she glanced at the officer "You ask her. She won't tell me. That's all she says. Travelling,"

"That's what I was doing," Rose countered

"When your passport's still in the drawer? It's just one lie after another,"

"I meant to phone. I really did. I just...I forgot,"

"What, for a year? You forgot for a year? And I am left sitting here. I just don't believe you. Why won't you tell me where you've been?"

"Actually, it's my fault." Tiaalen shook her head at the Doctor but he kept digging "I sort of er, employed Rose as my companion,"

"When you say companion, is this a sexual relationship?" The officer questioned

"No," Rose and the Doctor exclaimed

"Then what is it?" Jackie asked "Because you, you waltz in here all charm and smiles, and the next thing I know, she vanishes off the face of the Earth!" The Doctor glanced at Tia and she kept her gaze down "How old are you then? Forty? Forty Five?" Tiaalen glanced up but the Doctor nudged her as Jackie kept ranting "What, did you find her on the Internet? Did you go online and pretend you're a doctor? And what about her?!" Jackie looked at Tia

"I am a Doctor,"

"Prove it. Stich this, mate!" She slapped the Doctor, causing Tiaalen to stand up, the Doctor quickly grabbing a hold of her arm. Jackie headed into the kitchen and Rose followed her, the officer as well left.

"Did you think about me at all?" Jackie voiced

"I did. All the time, but..." Rose stated

"One phone call. Just to know that you were alive,"

"I'm sorry. I really am,"

"Do you know, what terrifies me is that you still can't say. What happened to you, Rose? What can be so bad that you can't tell me sweetheart? Where were you?"

.............................................................................................................................

Rose joined the Doctor and Tia on the roof "I can't tell her." causing the Doctor to turn around, but Tiaalen stayed looking out at the scene. Rose looked at the Doctor and he only nodded that she was ok. "Was it good?" Rose asked

"Middling," he replied

"You're so useless,"

"Well, if it's this much trouble, are you going to stay here now?"

"I don't know." she shrugged "I can't do that to her agiain, though,"

"Well, she's not coming with us,"

"No chance,"

"I don't do families," Tia glared over at him "Except for you Tiaalen,"

"She slapped you!" Rose laughed

"Nine hundred years of time and space, and I've never been slapped by someone's mother,"

"Your face,"

"It hurt!"

"You're so gay. When you say nine hundred years?"

"That's my age,"

"You're nine hundred years old," she looked at Tiaalen

"25," Tia replied without looking up

"Every conversation with you just goes mental. There's no one else I can talk to. I've seen all that stuff up there, the size of it, and I can't say a word..." Rose stopped talking when she saw Tiaalen go over the banister

"Tiaalen!" The Doctor shouted as they watched the girl run across the street

"But how did she?" Rose gaped only for the duo to witness a spaceship pass overhead and head for the city. "Oh, that's just not fair,"