Dalek Pt. 2

Lights flashed on, illuminating the Doctor. They had chained him up against a rack and striped his torso. Van Statten stood behind an instrument pointing at the Doctor. "Now, smile!" The instrument ran some sort of scan over the Doctor's torso. The Doctor moaned slightly in pain, grimacing.

Tia struggled against the guards holding her. Van Statten smirked over at her "Don't worry you're next," the statement caused the Doctor to glare at him despite the pain he was in. "Two hearts!" Van Statten exclaimed as he looked at the instrument "Binary vascular system! Oh, I am so going to patent this,"

"So that's your secret." The Doctor hissed "You don't just collect this stuff, you scavenge it,"

"This technology has been falling to Earth for centuries. All it took was the right mind to use it properly. Oh, the advances I've made from alien junk, you have no idea, Doctor. Broadband? Roswell. Just last year my scientists cultivated bacteria from the Russian Crater, and do you know what they found?" The Doctor looked at him angrily as Tiaalen looked at him questioningly "The cure for the common cold." Van Statten continued "Kept it strictly within the laboratory of course, no need to get people excited. Why sell one cure when I can sell a thousand palliatives?" he smiled smugly.

"Do you know what a Dalek is, Van Statten?" The Doctor asked "A Dalek is honest. It does what it was born to do for the survival of its species, that creature in your dungeon is better than you,"

"In that case, I will be true to myself and continue." he nodded to the guards and they chained Tia similar to the Doctor. He walked back to the scanner.

"Listen to me," The Doctor said frantic "that thing downstairs is going to kill every last one of us!"

"Nothing can escape the Cage," He ran the scan again, but this time on Tiaalen, causing Tia to writhe with pain.

"But it's woken up!" The Doctor shouted "It knows I'm here! It's gonna get out! Van Statten, I swear no one on this base is safe! No one on this planet!" The scan was run again. Tiaalen groaned in pain and threw her head back, screaming.

"Condition red! Repeat, condition red! This is not a drill!" The Doctor kept his gaze on Tia, noticing her sweat with pain.

"Release us..." he growled "if you want to live," Van Statten nodded to the security guards, who first got the Doctor out of the chains. The Doctor hurried over to Tiaalen, to help her but she pushed him away.

"Don't touch me," but when she aimed to take a step she faultered, the Doctor catching her before she fell to the ground.

***

The Doctor placed Tia into a chair once they reached Van Statten's executive office. "You've got to keep it in that cell," he addressed a moninor where there was a connection link to the lobby.

"Doctor, it's all my fault,"

"Rose..." Tiaalen made a move to stand up but the Doctor pushed her back into the chair.

"I've sealed the compartment. It can't get out, that lock's got a billion combinations," Bywater reported causing the Doctor to turn back to the monitor.

"The Dalek's a genius. It can calculate a thousand billion combinations in one second flat," The Doctor told him. Tia watched the screen as Rose and Adam stood before the door with security, who were pointing their guns at the door. In no time at all, the door opened.

"Open fire!" they shot at the Dalek.

"Don't shoot it, I want it unharmed!" Van Statten ordered

"Rose, get out of there!" Tiaalen shouted as the Dalek advanced upon them, the bullets having no affect at all. Bywater turned to the female guard "De Maggio, take the civilians and get them out alive. That is your job, got that?"