Aliens of London Pt. 3

Tiaalen ran into the TARDIS control room and began pulling levers, the TARDIS was not happy "I understand you are not happy with leaving the Doctor behind, but something is going on..." the TARDIS shuttered violently "I'll go right back afterwards...you'll ensure it, obviously. So please..." The TARDIS landed and she sighed in relief "Thank you," Tia walked out of the TARDIS and noticed they were in a store room, the TARDIS hummed as Tiaalen took out the sonic screwdriver "I'll give it back, now shush!" Tia found herself looking into a room full of Red Berets as they all grabbed their weapons and pointed them at her. "Oh I really don't think you want to do that," before she could do anything a scream pierced the air and caused Tiaalen to go into action "Defence plan delta! Come on. Move! Move!"

Tia and the Marines burst into the mortuary to see Doctor Sato cowering by her desk, a cut on her head "It's alive!" she whimpered

"Spread out." Tiaalen ordered "Tell the perimeter it's a lockdown,"

"My god. It's still alive,"

Tia rolled her eyes when no one moved "Do it!" she headed over to Doctor Sato

"I swear it was dead,"

"Coma, shock, hibernation, anything." Tiaalen listed "What does it look like?" they heard metal clatter "It's still here," she gestured to a soldier to kneel by Doctor Sato. Tia stood and looked behind a filing cabinet "Hello," the creature ran out on its hind legs, wearing a spacesuit "Don't shoot!" she ran after the creature only to witness another soldier shoot it "What did you do that for?!" she screamed "It was scared!" she kneeled next to it "It was scared,"

.............................................................................................................................

The TARDIS materialized back at Powell Estate and the Doctor barged into the console room "All right, so I lied. I went and had a look...but look at this.." she showed the screen revealing the alien "It's not any species I know of,"

"It's just a pig," The Doctor noted "More like a mermaid. Victorian showmen used to draw the crowds by taking the skull of a cat, gluing it to a fish and calling it a mermaid. Now someone's taken a pig, opened up it's brain, stuck bits on, then they've strapped it in that ship and made it dive bomb,"

"It was terrified," Tiaalen explained "But it's also horrid, taking an animal and turning it into a joke." she huffed "But the technology augmenting its brain, it's like nothing on Earth. Aliens are faking aliens." she looked at the Doctor "But why do that?"

"You ruined my life, Doctor." Mickey complained as he entered the TARDIS followed by Rose and Jackie "They thought she was dead. I was a murder suspect because of you. I bet you don't even remember my name,"

"Ricky," The Doctor replied

"It's Mickey,"

"No, it's Ricky,"

"I think I know my own name,"

Tia looked at him confused "You think you know your own name?"

"That was a real spaceship," Rose intervened

"Yep,"

"So it's all a pack of lies? What is it, then? Are they invading?"

Tiaalen shook her head as Mickey replied "Funny way to invade, putting the world on red alert,"

"Good point! So, what're they up to?" The Doctor headed under the console

"So, what're you doing down there?"

"Ricky,"

"Mickey,"

"Ricky. If I was to tell you what I was doing to the controls of my frankly magnificent time ship, would you even begin to understand?"

"I suppose not,"

"Well, shut it, then,"

Tiaalen rolled her eyes as she leaned agains the console and looked at Mickey "He's ensuring I didn't screw up the TARDIS, even though I'm a better driver than he is!" she shouted the last bit at the Doctor causing him to come back out.

"How do you know how to fly it anyway?"

"I observe," was her snarky reply

Mickey changed the conversation over to Rose "Every day, I looked. On every street corner, wherever I went, looking for a blue box for a whole year,"

"It's only been a few days for me. I don't know. It's, it's hard to tell inside this thing but I swear it's just a few days since I left you,"

"Not enough time to miss me, then?"

"I did miss you,"

"I missed you,"

"So, er, in twelve months, have you been seeing anyone else?"

"No,"

"Okay,"

"Mainly because everyone thinks I murdered you,"

"Right,"

"So, now that you've come back, are you going to stay?"

Before Rose could answer the Doctor shouted "Got it! Ha, ha!" he ran over to the monitor "Patched in the radar, looped it back twelve hours so we can follow the flight of that spaceship. Here we go. Hold on. Come on."

The trio watched the monitor causing Tia to become confused "Doctor did I see that correctly?" she pointed at the screen "That's the spaceship on its way to Earth. Except, the spaceship did a sling shot round the Earth before it landed,"

"What does that mean?" Rose voiced

"It means it came from Earth in the first place." The Doctor replied "It went up and came back down. Whoever those aliens are, they haven't just arrived, they've been here for a while. The question is, what have they been doing?" he flipped it over to a news channel

"How many channels do you get?" Mickey asked

"All the basic packages," Tiaalen told him "It's all I can do while he gets to go out,"

The Doctor turned back to her "I'm letting you explore now...maybe I shouldn't after that stunt you pulled today..." his gaze drifted towards the screen "Hold on, I know that lot,"

"It is looking likely that the Government's bringing in alien specialists-those people who have devoted their lives to studying outer space," a female reporter stated

"UNIT." The Doctor remembered "United Nations Intelligence Taskforce. Good people,"

"How do you know them?" Rose questioned

"'Cos he's worked for them." Mickey answered causing everyone to look at him surprised "Oh yeah, don't think I sat on my backside for twelve months, Doctor. I read up on you. You look deep enough on the Internet or in the history books, and there's his name, followed by a list of the dead,"

"That's nice." The Doctor replied "Good boy, Ricky,"

"If you know them, why don't you go and help?" Rose asked

""They wouldn't recognise me. I've changed a lot since the old days. Besides, the world's on a knife-edge. There's aliens out there and fake aliens. We want to keep these aliens..." he pointed to himself and Tia "out of the mix. I'm going undercover. And er, I'd better keep the TARDIS out of sight. Ricky, you've got a car. You can do some driving,"

"Where to?" Mickey voiced

"The roads are clearing. Let's go and have a look at that spaceship,"

Once they all stepped out of the TARDIS they came into view of a helicopter spotlight "Do not move!" A police shouted "Step away from the box and raise your hands above your heads,"

"Rose!" Jackie shouted only for soldiers to grab her "Rose!"

"Rais your hands above your head. You are under arrest,"

Even under the situation the Doctor couldn't help his smug look as he said "Take me to your leader,"