Chapter 31: A dance or chase?

Start from the beginning

"Nothing special."

I sighed as she ignored my complain.

"Don't tell me last week hook up happened just a few minutes earlier and I missed that?"

If I had water in my mouth everything would have gotten out, it was at this point that I was shocked. This girl didn't lose any occasion to bring that up.

"WTF Jess. What's up with you?"

She was royaly ignoring me but it sure wasn't the case for this new comer.

"What? What happened?"

Jay made a perfect entry, so perfect for Jess.

"More like what happened between you too?"

It could sound like an innocent question if it wasn't for the suggesting tone that Jess took.

"Nothing yet."

These siblings were utterly desregarding me on purpose. And he obviously smirked after the yet.

"You mean nothing with you."

Jess I love her. But she was such a tease. I was about to laugh but a hand that took me from behind and I felt his head lodge in the crook of my neck. I won't lie it had its effect.

"Why do you smell like Lucas?"

I didn't expect this. His voice was calm and collected as if he knew nothing happened.

"I just bumped into him, well more like I bumped into his sisters..."

I stopped because it felt like I was explaining myself too much. There was nothing to explain. The air suddenly become heavy and I knew that it wasn't his fault this time. It was me. I was looking at him as if it was the first time I saw such a fine specimen.

He was the one who end this thing we had, Jess didn't notice a thing. It was just seconds but I felt it, just like last week I still didn't know what took over me.

"I need to go, I need to call some alphas for the ball."

With this statement he left without a second ado.

"Everyone's restless because of the ball."

I wasn't talking to anybody in particulary but Jess answered anyway.

"Yeah."

By answer I never meant an useful one. I was quite curious actually shouldn't we contribuate.

"Shouldn't we help?"

Everyone was helping but we were the only one doing nothing but sinking on the sofas.

"No no way! we have to go right now."

I turned around to see Ms. Rider running down the stairs in a speed while zipping up her vest to go, god knows where.

"Mom relax, why are you so agitated?"

For the first time, Jess seemed focused on what was happening aroud her.

"Women! Get your ass of this couch and let's go to the mall."

Did  I hear the mall. The mall meant shopping and that was a big no.

"No way!"

Jess' ranting portrayed my feelings. I wasn't going to waste time nor money for a dress.

"Come on! The futur luna and beta female won't go around looking negleted. You guys reflect the pack so let's go find a beautiful dress for both of you!"

If their argument stopped here, you're so wrong. I was starting get an headache because the female from the Rider family were so stuborn. I had to do something.

"Stop!"

I shouted with all the air I had in my lungs. I menaged to separate them, peace could almost be heard; I felt them going to argue once again. So I engaged the discussion.

"You both are right. With Jess there's no way we'll go to the mall, that's just not our thing but we still need a dress."

My raisoning was actually logical.

"No way genious, so what do you propose."

Jess knew I had the raisoning but not the solution. However, I had a solution.

"Wait, I did think of it. We won't be able to go to the ball."

Their reaction was epic. Jess was dumbfounded finding the situation quite funny on the other side, Ms. Rider was furious. I didn't expect this reaction.

"Serah you will not say such a thing again."

I tried to not laugh but Jess saved me. This girl was still useful after all.

"Mom we really don't want to go to the mall."

We made the cutest face ever for her to accept this fact and her expression gave away a slight grin. I didn't grasp it at time but it was scary.

"Okay, but you'll wear whatever I give you."

The deal was nice but I knew better that she had something behind her mind. I was about to refuse but this brainless girl answered for me.

"Do whatever you want but we won't go to the mall."

The ex Luna left without a word. But she knew well that she won this round.

"Jess don't you think that we made a mistake right now?"

I was genuinely curious. Will her mom get her revenge with the gown she'll choose for us. Jess shrugged not paying any mind to this. I sighed. Whatever happens, I didn't care anymore.

...

"Serah!"

I voice woke me up from my slumber. My eyes didn't take a lot of time to open and see Jay. I was taking slowly into account my surroundings but my mate helped.

"You dozed off on the pack sofa."

I got up slowly with his help. He was already seated next to me with his body really close to mine. I unconsciously eyed his lips. I was so lucky he didn't catch on the small action but knew so well that the heat between my legs was rising slowly but surely.

"Ready for tomorrow?"

The question took me off guard as I
enjoyed the view with a perfect silence as background. He didn't think so.

"Yeah, anyway it's just a ball. Few dances together and we're done."

My knowledge on the ball was quite minim and he knew as he looked amused. He got up and stirred.

"Dear mate, if you want to dance we can but I'm here for the chase."