Chapter 42: A secret

Serah POV

"Jay, you didn't tell her that I swing the other way?"

Did I hear correctly? Did I get jealous over a girl who'd rather lay me than my mate?

...

I looked over my ablazing looking mate, not enchanted with the words of the miss in front of us. My whole body released a tension I didn't know I had. But I couldn't deny the obvious, I was glad nothing was going on between them and never will something happen.

"You told me to keep it secret!"

My happiness wasn't universal. Jay was displeased with the turning of events and didn't seem to calm down.

Again, while Max and Jay were bickering over futile arguments, Collin and Erika couldn't hide their voice in their throat anymore. These two people were enjoying more than anyone the show.

"Bro! That was nice, keep us entertained."

Collin who was mostly calm didn't contain his thoughts and shared them without fear and giggles.

"Guys, guys the best part was when LuSe pushed her down that was hot! That is what we want to see!!"

Erika was more than cheerful to share her opinion on the matter but it was not welcomed either by my mate or myself. I almost forgot it happened. Though, Jay seemed to relax in her words.

"I liked that part too."

He didn't have the right to be called my mate. Everyone was chuckling after Jay commented on my past action as if it was his pride.

"Shut up! I was abetted, I wasn't controlling it!!"

My ranting didn't seem to reach them, even Jay and Max looked like they signed a truce to make fun of my poor soul.*

The chair made a sour sound when three chairs moved

The symphony made by the sour sound of the three chairs was displeasing but it looked like the three of them understood the situation and left. I could finally embrace this calm atmosphere.

It was only Jay and me but the air around us was tense.

I tried to break the glace but my mind went blank not leaving any decent words in mind.

Our eyes met and it wasn't helping.

He took Max's place and decided to take the lead as he saw that I was still recuperating from the recent event.

"I wanted to apologize for the other day."

"No, it was me too, I was- Well it doesn't matter anymore."

What he said was still ringing in my head but I'd have to admit, at least to myself, that I was overreacting because of Max.

"What do you mean it doesn't matter anymore?"

His confounded eyes were piercing throw my soul. Was blue always this attractive? I was losing focus.

"I mean, Don't you remember why we fought in the first place."

I thought that I would need to explain but our smart alpha realized himself the origin was our quarrel. Max. Well, my jealousy towards Max.

"Are you telling me that our relationship was on a thin line because of her?!

His globes were ready to go out as his words but it wasn't one-sided.

"It doesn't cancel your words! But who cares it's not like we're something."

I was mad at this point. He was pointing his finger at me as if I was in wrong.

"That's why I apologized. Please, let's leave all of this behind. I don't want us to fight for meaningless words or persons. I sincerely want us to work."

He was right. Neither did I want to waste my time with him. I could see it clearly this whole week, unknowingly, I gave him a place in my heart. If it wasn't the case I wouldn't have gotten this mad.

"Let's do our best. Me too. I feel the same way."

If that's all I had to do to extort this kind of smile I would have been nicer. It felt like the first time that I saw him this bright and innocent.

However, there was something better than his white shiny teeth it was my cake. I dig into my plate as there were still some small pieces left.

As every little thing from my plate went into my mouth, I heard a slite chuckle in front of me.

I looked up and his innocent disappeared as fast as it came.

"What?"

I didn't like him making fun of me so I made it known.

"You look more like an animal than the pack members!"

He burst out laughing thinking he was a good comedian but I couldn't find the part where I was supposed to laugh.

He saw my confused look, more offended than anything by the way, and he thought that I needed an explanation.

"There is cream everywhere, your fingers, your lips... and your forehead!!"

The tension thickened before he spouted some nonsense, that idiot leader. His laugh could eventually wake the whole building if continued. My laser was implying that he had to stop before I put these dirty fingers on his face.

He took the cue and came dangerously close.

He wiped my forehead and my lips without breaking eye contact. I couldn't look away either. He took my hand and tasted the white substance on it. It was getting hot. I moved my hand away when his tongue went into contact with my skin, the cold substance hit me with shock and helped me regain full control of my body.

I didn't know where to focus my eyes, I was restless dut he didn't budge. He was looking at me with something else than lust.

I was grateful as my thoughts were not helping at this moment.

I licked my finger by reflex and his burning gaze intensified exponentially. As I finally felt clean my name resonated forward.

"Serah, I was thinking about something are you free tonight?"

The pressure flopped drastically, but my mind was still elsewhere.

I tried to form a coherent sentence but I still needed time, What did he ask already? Tonight?

I recuperated from all of this and answered without batting my lashes.

"Yes! I mean, yes for tonight."

The answer came in sloppy but he didn't seem to care, his lips simply went gently up acquiesced his liking.

He wasn't going to talk more.

"What for?"

As my question reach. His reaction became weird. He was relaxed all along with the conversation but it was a bygone era. His limbs were uncomfortable on his own body, his voice was nowhere to be found. Was he alright? 

My bewildered face brought him back to his sense.

"Will you go on a date with me?"

If my already disoriented face wasn't enough to express my shock, my chaotic look will. I was taken aback for a while, we weren't that type of people.

All we did from the start was go with the flow, the order was not respected so did he really mean it when he said that he wanted to do things right. I was happy honestly.

"Yes. Where will we be going?"

He did ask me for an outing and I was a tad bit curious. 

Right he put his mischievous smile back on to torture me.

"It's a secret!"