Chapter 8 (part 2): Four years

Jessica POV

"So tell me what were you doing out there naked with a broken leg? And what's your name by the way?"

"Shoot what should I tell her Zaphira?"

"Distract her! Do the presentation maybe."

Easy to order when you're behind someone else.

"I'm Jessica and you?"

"Serah so-"

"How old are you?"

"Sixteen bu-"

"Me, I'm fourteen. I thought you were a little bit older beca-"

"Hey! Can you maybe answer my first question unless you have something to hide?"

It did not work! I'm doomed. I don't even what to say-

"Just tell her you don't know"

"OH! You're right!"

"To tell the truth, me too, I don't really know. I don't even know where I was when you found me. How long was I asleep?"

"Well, four weeks. And I found you in a horrible state. Indeed, you had your shin bone fractured. Not a simple one, your bones were broken in tiny pieces all around your main fissure. However, it hasn't been even months but your leg is perfectly fine as if nothing happened. Usually, it takes way more than six months to completely recover from your fracture. Don't you think it's weird?"

Okay Jessica, now just think on your own. There is no way I could get out of this situation now.

"Maybe it wasn't that bad, look my leg still hurts but there is nothing big"

"Okay, but let's go the hospital to make sure that everything is alright."

"No!!!"

"Human! keep your cool or she'll find out"

"I mean, I'm alright I don't want to bother you-"

"It's alright my mom is a doctor, she'll just drop you on her way to work"

Okay, there is no way! How am I supposed to deal with this situation?

"There is something fishy in there?"

"Why do you say that Zaphira?"

"I mean, Why hasn't she taken us to the hospital in the first place? Isn't it weird?"

"You're right; she is hiding something."

Whatever she was hiding, I felt like it would concern us. So let's just try to understand in what kind of situation we got in.

"Why hadn't you taken me to the hospital in the first place?"

Let's just be direct, it was the best way to have all our questions answered.

"Wait, I don't really know; I mean, how am I suppose to bring them an injured she-wolf without her consent."

That b**ch! She knew but she still let me struggle to answer all of her fake questions. How did she even know?

"How-"

"You transformed in front of me."

At least, that's clear. I can no longer stay here, it's too dangerous for our secret and we don't know if we can trust her.

"Zaphira we need to get back home"

"We can't."

"Why? Why can't we go back home?"

"We smell different."

"What do you mean?"

"We stayed out there for a whole month, the pack bond has weakened and our scent is changing to something similar to a rogue one."

"But they'll still recognize us!"

"No, they won't. Only your family could with their alpha blood."

"That's all we need!"

"Just use your brain for once! That attack a month ago will only fuel the already existant hatred towards the rogues. Hence, the patrol round the border would have only tightened and so people won't hesitate to kill rogues."

"But we can just prove them or mind link them at that time."

"We'll get killed before we could even utter a word. Rogues could still be looking for you. We are too weak against those rogues."

"So how are we supposed to get back home. "

"We'll have to train and wait."

"Wait for what?"

"Being able to smell our mate."

I got back to reality when I felt hands squeezing forcefully my shoulders shouting my name.

"Hey! Jess, baby girl why are you crying? And what happened you were in some kind of trans?"

She was looking at me with those worried eyes. I don't know why but I feel safe with her and just wanted to spill everything to her; even Zaphira hadn't questioned me about it.

"I don't think I can go back home and I don't even know where I am. I just know that I am far enough to not being able to mind link them and I can't go outside because some rogues are trying to kill me and-"

"Wait, wait, wait... You have to explain to me what happened in a way I can understand."

There is too much to say, I'll make it short.

"Can you let me stay here?"

"Yeah, why not. How long?"

"Four years."

We'll have to wait for my eighteenth birthday so my mate would rescue me from this hell hole.