Chapter 97: A bitter lie

Serah POV

 Eos words rang in my head making my turmoil even more complex.

"Run."

...

Instinctively, I ran.

Each of my shoes were harming the soil aggressively. My mind was blank, all I wanted was to escape, was to hide so nobody would see me in this state.

I wasn't ugly but I wouldn't qualify myself as human anymore either. As long as Jay was far away from me, it was enough for now.

To my misfortune, I didn't even make it to a hundred meters.

A massive weight pulled me down to that soil that I just mistreated.

The fur on top of me was warm but a tad bit restraining, if only the enormous wolf could pull away so I could keep running.

I moved my head to the side, making sure that the right side of my hair was full of dirt and I tried to see if my uncle was anywhere so he could save me from this situation.

"Uncle!! Where are you?! Help me out."

The mindlink was somehow defective, as if he was purposely cutting me off.

"Eos!! Eos, I won't stop bothering you until you answer! Eos."

"Give me a break already!! You got caught anyway, deal with it."

With this, his presence literally vanished.

"Serah, would you mind explaining what you are up to? You keep on avoiding me and now, I can feel it in my bones that you don't want me anywhere near you, What happened? Just tell me what I've done wrong!"

I couldn't take it anymore. My man was welling up his tears because of a misunderstanding, more like my own insecurities crushing him under his own.

That wave of sadness rushed and held me hostage to his cries, and there was nothing more I wanted to see than his smile.

Not the reddening vision, nor his voice breaking midway to my ears...

Hence, I pulled him closer until our eyes were close enough for me to distinguish all the nuances of his blues.

The light hues somehow overpowered by the darkening of his heart, his own obsessive desire.

An obsession we both shared.

My chin went up slowly, slowly enough to drive them both mad and I trailed my tongue on his bottom lip.

The man froze, bottling his urges, but I pursued, having a full taste of his lips.

Surprisingly, he pushed me away, back against the dirt.

"Serah, stop playing with me. I need you. Now, I want to ravish you right here but you're confusing me?"

Looking into his pleading gaze was torturing. I wasn't avoiding him because I wanted to but there wasn't a chance for me to tell him the truth.

I had to escape.

His hot body was restraining my movements, if I wanted to move away, I had to use my powers, the exact same power that made him avoid him.

"Jay I promise. I need you to let me go, I really need to use the bathroom, like right now."

His hands made their way to my neck and his caress gently descended to my collarbone.

"Babe..."

He sighed and then collapsed on my chest, the chest that I wanted him to stay away from.