Chapter 57: Our exit

Serah POV

"Did you prepare the bags?"

I verified one last time... My bag was done, Kamil's bag too, aqnd we had everything.

"It's done."

I shouted as he was in the living room, concentrated on the mad spread on the table. Without looking at me he asked:

"Your weapons, you have them?"

Daggers, my shotgun, I had them with me. I went next to him and showed him my combat wear. He was pleased but then his eyes went back to the map, I followed his gaze.

"This is where we come from, Red Crescent. Now we're somewhere around here, and this is where we need to go. South."

I looked at the map and I didn't see any problem, so why was he frowning?

"It doesn't seem far, we won't have any problem-"

"Here is the problem."

His finger showed some wasteland we had to cross but I was still blind to his worry.

"This part is known to be the rogues' land. Some will chase after us and if their comrades wait for us there, we'll be cornered."

He was right, this would be a problem, Kam had all the strength to take care of all of them but I wasn't as strong as he was and nothing said that my genetic heritage will save me this time.

We have to find a real solution.

"So what should we do, skirt their territory?"

He blinked rapidly displaying his animosity to my idea.

"Serah, it will take us days. But we have a solution; about half of their land, there is a secret passage that would lead us directly to Ice Moon."

I was surprised by the news, but come on, werewolves exist and so do lycans, nothing should surprise me anymore.

"But could we cross their territory without exposing the secret passage?"

"That's one of the problems, but I don't even know if we can arrive there."

He showed me again the land of rogues.

"Here, with the same problem, we could get cornered anytime."

Arriving at Ice Moon seemed harder than crossing a country with drugs. Rogues should work with customs, and honestly, it would be helpful for both our world.

"But why would there be a secret passage right in the middle of the rogues' territory?"

Kam looked at me pleased.

"The passage was here before it became their land, and it is not the only secret passage, it was said that all the packs were linked to Ice Moon once. Now everyone has forgotten about it and only Ice Moon bears its memory."

"Then why didn't we use the passage between Red Crescent and Ice Moon?"

He scratched the nape of his neck looking a bit troubled.

"The thing is only children of Ice Moon are aware of these passages, so I couldn't disclose their existence."

This was confusing no one knew?!

"Even the alphas of Red Crescent?"

I looked at him with wide eyes but he simply shook his head.

"Even the alphas."

That wasn't making any sense.

"Why would you tell me then?"

"You're not anyone. You're from a pack we're supposed to serve and protect."

She led me to him (Werewolf story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें