Chapitre 6: Her

Jayson POV

"Son!! Where is she?"

Panic was supporting his voice. There were fear and anger in too. How was I going to tell him that I lost track of her, that I couldn't catch her sent. Mom came running toward us with the same expression as my father.

"Where's my baby?"

Now it was her turn to ask me something I couldn't answer. As I remained silent, her eyes started watering. She knew, I couldn't answer because the answer will break them; it broke me.

"I couldn't..."

That was all I could have muttered. I had no right to speak, no right to stand in front my Alpha and Luna and no right to be their heir.

"Let's have a meeting in half an hour, until then, rest and you'll explain clearly what happened after that we can rescue her."

He tried, but there was no way to hide it; his sorrow, his grief and his pain. I was ashamed of myself. How was I supposed to protect my pack if  I couldn't even protect my own blood.

As those toughts came, my wolf Volker, let out a loud sound that seemed like a mix of an infuriated growl and a painful howl. So that was it, I just direspected my alpha blooded wolf but he also knew that I was right. He stayed in the back of my mind not willing to say a word.

"Sorr-"

"Don't, don't ever do that again!! An alpha never apologize and even less if he is not at fault"

My dad really got furious this time: he did not want me to act like a brother who lost his sister but as a pack leader. Never show your feelings, only pride and power have to emanate from you. I remembered, but still.

"But-"

"Jayson, dear; everything's gonna be alright, she's our daughter, she'll manage herself for the time being. Don't forget that all of this is not your fault."

Even my mom managed to make a whole sentence with her shaking voice.

"Go and rest, I'll call you later for the meeting"

I bowed my head to my parents then took my leave and directed myself to my home office. As I sat down on my seat, I came face to face with all the family photos I had on my desk and a wave of sadness washed over me. Looking at her smile over those pictures just made me angry at those people who took her from us. I swear to kill  all of them, the rogues and the hunters.

...

The meeting went well, there were only the alpha, my dad; Dimitri the Beta; Theo hi son; my dad's third in coommand and some warriors and trackers. A team has been made to find her, most of them were trackers. For the hunter issue, we were just going to train harder; they may be human but they were trained since birth to kill werewolf. However, we signed a treaty with them and it has been five generations that we had no problem with them so I don't understand why they would choose to make an alliance with rogues.

What would they have to gain from that?

I had no idea, but I was on my way to find that. Two rogues were captured and put in the pack prison. Indeed, I'm not getting out of here without my answers. Theo guided towards their cells and spoke up:

"I've never seen her in her wolf form; how does she look like?"

The whole pack was affected by her abduction and so was Theo. Moreover, the two of them always sticked together whenever they had the opportunity to; that's why I never really let them hang out alone.

"Beautiful snow white, you'd have fallen all over her again, if you saw her"

"There's- Wait w-"

"Yes, I know."

We stayed silent until we arrived in front of their cells. I just wanted to rip their throat off, I could sense that Theo was feeling this urge too. However, they had something I wanted: answers.

The first one looked half dead so I focused on the other one. He didn't look better but his state won't hinder whatever statement he had for us. I was going to speak but he started before:

"Alpha!? So nice to meet you"

Even hearing his voice was intolarable for me.

"Rogue. Tell me who's behind all of this?"

I tried to control my anger as I tried to be civilised. I also made my way in front this chained rogue to be able torture him if I have to. He then scoffed:

"Not a Smart Alpha are you? Think a litle harder and you'll find-"

I didn't let him finish as him hard enough for him to stop smiling and start coughing blood. I let him took his breath and showed him the shotgun I found earlier.

"This, why are you working with hunters?"

He just bursted into a laugh as I said that.

"You really are stupid? Why would we involve ourself with those inferior beings? Guns? Anybody can get one. But we don't need them."

I let out a loud growl while clawing my nails into his neck.

Volker growled back too:

"Is he questionning my sense??!!"

"Back off, he is my pray!!"

I pushed him in the back of my head to focus on the dying rogue in my hand, he even was trying to say something.

"If... if... he caught her... she's... al... ready dead..."

I let go of his neck and looked straightly in his eyes. Does that means she hasn't been caught because I didn't feel the pack bond break. So was she caught by the hunters?

"Why? What do you want from us??!!"

I didn't understand, why they would even attack us most of them are dead and there is nothing really valuable in the pack.

"Her. He only wants her dead; she'll get on his way later."