Chapter 94: From human to lycan

Serah POV

"Serah, when will you realize that being a lycan means that your existence itself is a gift but it comes with powers and abilities you shall not abuse otherwise you will be punished before you get to realize what you did wrong."

His words chill my bones, my reason fighting to decrypt his words but I was paralyzed with the weight of my own wrongdoings. That I knew nothing about.

...

His calmness was unusually mesmerizing, I tried to warm my chilling bones but his piercing words kept stinging my soul.

"Eos, if you could be more specific in your observation instead of treating me like a criminal, maybe we could find a treatment or a solution.

Right you're not helping, just frightening the shit out of me."

His serious glare softened, and his lips stretched to form a wicked smile. And here I felt a irking pain on the crown of my head.

"Who taught you to curse like this?!"

"Probably an immortal beggar!!"

My words officially made the air less intense and more breathable. He tried to curse me but indeed, he didn't have any useful powers.

Finally, we were less agitated with our banter but it meant that I was getting a scolding even though I didn't understand.

I was ready to hear his burden-like speech but he stood up out of nowhere and dragged me out of the room.

His grip was on my hand and I unconsciously followed him.

The corridor wasn't long but we walked there enough to meet our dear babygirl.

She squealed like the little girl that she was, behind her, she was followed by her shadow. Even though the windows didn't allow a striking black trail to form on each of us, Jess was blessed by her imposing mate following her like a cute puppy.

I received her warmth breaking me away from my uncle. She almost jumped on me but I was glad that Theo was holding onto her shirt like a leash.

"Serah!! You alright? I heard the boom and the drama so tell me everything."

I was about to erase her overly enthusiastic manners but the man came in between us, now embodying a protective barrier.

As if Jess was a treat.

Well, she could be.

"Beta, move away, we need to train."

My eyes were wide open, and the couple looked at me confused.

Before any of us could utter a sound, I was already dragged away, my shoes grinding on the floor.

I was being kidnapped in broad daylight, with the betas approving of my disappearance.

Whatever, if it was the price I needed to pay to get a bit more information about my own constitution.

...

My shoes were now trailing on the grass, the fresh air filling my lungs and my worries. I was almost walking alone. But our dear lycan deemed necessary to assist me on the task.

I'll take it as an affectionate endeavor towards my person.

We arrived somewhere quite hidden, the leaves halfway towards the afterlife and the ground was muddy, with not a single greenery on top.

He stopped moving and his nostrils dilated towards the masked sky. His funny expression was overpowered by his serious stance.

"It's here. Take your shoes off."

I looked at him a bit puzzled, it was the most unattractive part of this splendid forest.

"Eos, I wouldn't mind but why would here be the most ideal place, I mean I know somewhere with a furr like grass and I could promise you that I'd be more connected to nature there, than here."

He sighed and his head danced right and left from exhaustion.

"We have a long way to go."

"For what?"

I asked.

"To turn you into a decent lycan."

I was about to badmouth him but it wasn't really his fault. It was our entire family fault that I was twenty years behind for my training.

Arguing wasn't helpful so I followed his order.

He wasn't the most trustworthy looking guy but he always knew what he was doing. To say less I was safe unless it was one of his unending pranks.

My toes sinking on the half wet ground, tickled by the little twigs trying to break my skin.

Yes, it was an unusual experience that I did not particularly like. But I was not the boss here.

The man took a fighting stance, in position with his guard up.

I imitated him unconsciously and he took in a brave inhalation as if he wanted to suck in the entire forest.

I still followed breathing in as hard as I could.

"Now I want you to feel the space, the ground and the threes."

To be honest I didn't know what it really meant but I figured that it might be what these folk called heightening their senses.

The goal was to summon that part of myself that was dormant, the part connected to mother nature.

I felt the entire ecosystem greeting me, and the small life left in those leaves was still reaching out to me.

I was honored to be honest.

Without my knowledge, my respiration synchronized with my uncle's.

"Now we vibrate at the same frequency as this forest."

I closed my eyes and an entire world opened to me, lives I didn't know were here at the same place that I was.

The smallest echo of the ground was resonation on the soles of my feet. I could even see his smile forming.

"Now that you are ready, you can shift."

His words sounded foreign to me and my veins were soon filled with anxiety.

"What do you mean? Shifting?"

He looked at me as if I was retarted.

"Like transform, from human to lycan."

Wow, there couldn't have been a better explanation.