Chapter 65: His childhood memories

Serah POV

"Rosa tell me it's a joke right here."

Her eyes darted from me and the univited guest, and she saw how apprehensive I was to her surprise.

"I know it's not my place to meddle but I know how much misunderstandings can destroy a relationship so I wanted to give you two the opportunity to talk it out."

Jayson was steps away from our position and I didn't like one bit what was happening.

"Rosa, that's cute of you but how do you know about our wretched relationship?"

She was burdened, and I wouldn't mind putting her on though spot when she created this suffocating atmosphere.

"Rosa I want an answer."

"Leave her alone, I asked her a favor and she was kind enough to comply."

His voice defended the poor girl, but I wasn't talking to him.
Without looking his way, I kept talking to Rosa.

"I'm grateful Rosa and I wish your situation will improve so you could find your happiness, you don't have to put your energy elsewhere but on your self."

Her tensed expression softened mirroring my tone.

"Please Serah! Let's talk."

His forcefulness wasn't to my liking and I knew Rosa was feeling bad about the situation.
With utmost reluctance, I faced features that I had to admit where ecstasy to my eyes.
But it wasn't enough to sooth the anger I felt towards his person.
My face muscles froze into an akward smile seeing him this close.
I took a step back as I didn't want to get drunk on his presence.

"Jayson, Rosa right here thinks we have some misunderstandings to clear up. But I would like you to tell her that we made everything clear before we parted."

As expected, he didn't like what I had to say.

"Serah. Please listen I came to apologise-"

"Rosa I'm sorry, would you mind if I were to talk with Jay."

Rosa being here was actually fortunate but I felt like censoring my words next to her.
So I'll swallow this uncomfortable situation and I will face this talk.

Rosa nodded and scurried off without looking back.
When she was no longer from ear shot, Jay went back to his begging.

"Serah, I'm sorry, I swear-"

"You no longer mean anything to me."

Repeating his own words had its effect. He didn't make a sound and his eyes were ready to jump out of their orbit.

"These were the last words you told me."

"Serah, please give me one more chance-"

I was baffled to say less. Before madness took hold of my tongue I talked with all the control I gathered.

"Jay stop it. How many last chance do I have to give you? How many more time are you going to hurt me until you keep your promise not to? I'm sick of you. I'm sick of this bond I feel nothing about."

Tears gathered in his eyes but I didn't feel like sparing him.

I spinned my heels ready to go but he held into my sleeve.
My eyes widened in shock when his knees hit the dirt.
His fingers lingered south to the hem and to my palm, pressing gently his warmth.

"Please, whatever you want me to do, I will but don't go, don't give up on us."

I descended to his eye level and slightly lifted his dropping head. I stared at his navy storm, the most neutrally possible.