Chapter 51: A bitter joust

Serah POV

"Did mom say that?"

Jess half chewing the ribs managed to mutter.

"Yes."

I sighed, tired of repeating the fifth time details of yesterday's conversation.

"And what did-"

There wasn't a chance that I'll repeat everything all over again.

"Shut up. I'm going."

I moved away from my chair and made my way outside. Jess engulfed her entire breakfast all at once, it was displeasing to watch.

"Wait! Let's go together."

The morning breeze welcomed us warmly, it was nice but we were out to sweat and some cold courant would be more appraised.

Jess rejoined me, interrupting my appreciation.

"We're a bit early."

We were, but I had to let some steam out and I prayed for my muscle to take over all those unwanted questioning from my head when I was no close to any answer.

"Good! I planned to focus on muscles reinforcement."

The face my dear baby sister made was enjoyable.

"No way! That's boring. Since when did we need that!!"

"I'm a human don't you forget."

"You sure?"

"Shut up will you!"

Our beta said the latest with a hint of mockery but we both knew that the subject was ambiguous. I felt like a human, I didn't have enhanced strength nor senses but from time to time, all of my body felt different.

Here we go again, I lost myself in these idiocies.

We arrived at the training grounds and some people were already there.

I could see Theo training with a few kids and Jess admiring his shirtless self. She wasn't the only one and I felt the air tensing next to me.

"Serah do you mind if I leave you on your own?"

"Go ahead."

I wasn't feeling the mate bond like wolfs did but I would have certainly reacted the same if girls were ogling over Jay's naked bust.

I ignored whatever Jess went to do and I focused on my training program. I realized that I had to improve my endurance and my strength. If I were to go on a one vs one against a were, my chances to win were forty percent if the creature is average and if trained only twenty-five percent. Without my weapons, I was dead meat against them.

I had to train harder.

After ten laps on my own, I felt someone jogging in my back.

I supposed it was Jess but Theo came next to me.

"Luna, sorry to bother but do you maybe know why Jess was insufferable today?"

What a dumb mate, and he asked the wrong person if he didn't want to feel like a stupid child.

"I'll help you so listen carefully."

He looked at me confused and nodded.

"Imagine, Jessica, taking off her t-shirt living her only in her sports bra. You could distinguish, every line of her body and all the sweat sliding down one by one."

He almost swallowed his adam apple. He was ready to cut me off so I pursued.

"Now, in the very same situation, imagine her exposed to a bunch of unmated wolves just wishing to pounce her."