"Of-of course I will, baby," she sniffed, getting up from her seat to hug her tightly, squeezing her against her belly. "Thank you so much for asking me, you made me so happy, Pea," she sniffed.

She'd felt like Nayeli's mom for two years now but the fact that she asked her dad herself if Nadira could be her mom for real was something she'd probably never ever get over.

Gionni was over the moon when Nayeli first asked. He couldn't stop smiling when he spoke to her about it and explained what it was they would have to do to change Dira from her step mom to her real mom, and seeing as Nayeli was very intelligent she grasped it all fairly quickly, except the word legal. She didn't understand what the law had to do with this but she didn't care.

All she knew was that she wanted Nadira to be her mom. Her real mom.

Saturday, May 3rd

Saturday, May 3rd

The next morning, Dira was still on cloud nine when she woke up She was singing in the bathroom while she washed her face and singing at the table while she ate her morning bowl of strawberries and some cereal.

All the way back up to her bedroom she hummed different songs with a smile on her face, rubbing her stomach as she prepared to take a shower. She took her slides off first and leaned back into a stretch because her back was already bothering her and she felt a pop. Not like a pop of her back, or a pop of one of her joints.

Like a water balloon popped.

Then it happened, at first a slow leak and then the gush of fluid came from between her legs as she stood in the middle of her bathroom floor in shock.

Her water broke.

"Oh God...oh my God..." she muttered, realizing she was about to give birth for the first time in her life.

"Gionni!" she called from the bathroom. For some reason she was terrified to move from her spot. "Gionni wake up!" she yelled again. In another two minutes he was pushing the door open, rubbing his eyes.

"What's the matter, ma—oh shit," he said once his eyes were open. "Ohhhh shit...okay. Um, come out of here, baby," he came in and ushered her back out to the bed. "You not having contractions are you?" he asked, looking around for their hospital bag and her hospital clothes.

"No I—" she stopped short when she felt a sharp pain in her stomach, luckily she was sitting or she probably would have fallen down from the pain. "Oh fuck, yes I am," she nodded, eyes shut. Once it passed she took a deep breath in, standing up.

"Okay, I'm gonna time em, let me know when you have another one okay? I gotta get Nayeli up, just stay right here, baby, I'll be right back," he rushed out, leaving their room to go to Nayeli's.

Nadira grabbed her phone, sending a text to her mom first, because she knew her mom was awake and that she wanted her mom in the room with her.

:mommy you awake?