xxx

song(s) for this chapter: forever my lady X jodeci

"Good morning daddy's baby," Gionni spoke, head on Nadira's stomach

"Good morning daddy's baby," Gionni spoke, head on Nadira's stomach. "I can't wait till I know what you are," he grinned kissing her small pudge. He'd been doing this everyday for the past week since he'd found out she was pregnant.

Her period threw her off when it came to showing any signs of pregnancy. She just chopped it up to PMS. The nausea especially, and her appetite increased greatly, but all of that happened before she came on. Her doctor told her that it was common for women still early on in their pregnancy to get a period, though.

A baby came as no surprise to either of them, they knew the outcome of unprotected sex and honestly expected it sooner.

Deep down, under all the excitement and love she was receiving, Nadira was terrified. When she found out, she had so many mixed emotions that she started crying in the doctors office. Yes, she was finally having a baby with the man she loved, and she couldn't be happier about that, but the fact that she already lost two babies made her extremely cautious and anxious. She didn't know what to expect and it was eating at her.

Gionni could clearly tell something was wrong. The first few days she was overflowing with excitement but recently, she was a lot more withdrawn about it. She never stopped G from talking to the baby or pushed him away, but he could see in her eyes that she wasn't okay.

"Lemme give you one too," leaning up to kiss her. "How you feeling? You ready for your appointment tomorrow?"

"I'm okay," she smiled softly "Yeah, I'm ready, I know you're excited to see the baby."

"I am," he nodded. "Are you?"

"O-of course I am," she stammered, and he figured it was time to talk to her now.

"Come here, mama, come talk to me," he spoke with a slight sigh, pulling her body toward him and patting his lap. She sat up from her previous position on the bed, climbing into his lap, where he sat on the edge.

"What's wrong?" she asked, rubbing the back of his head in her hands. He wrapped one of his arms around her and shook his head.

"Nothing's wrong with me, baby. I wanna talk about you,"

"Me?" she pointed to herself and he nodded. "U-uh, okay, what about me?"

"You're happy about the baby, right?" he dove right into it. "And be one hundred percent honest with me, Nadira, are you happy?"

She was honestly a bit shocked. She didn't know she was being so transparent.

"Of course I'm happy, Gionni," she spoke, which wasn't a lie.

"Then what's been going on with you, baby?"

"I-I'm...I'm scared," she mumbled as if she was ashamed to say it. "I'm scared to get emotionally attached to this baby and then I—" she stopped to take a breath. "This is my third pregnancy and I'm terrified, G. I'm scared to lose it, I'm scared to let Nayeli get attached to it and then I don't make it. I don't want you to hate me if something happens to our baby I—"