xvii

song(s) for this chapter: you mean the world to me X toni braxton

"Darius I swear to God...you better start talking," Nadira sneered. Stood in front of her was her ex boyfriend. The man that she thought she would be married to by now, the man she wasted six years of her life with.

"I-I—let me explain, Dira, please," he stammered. She could tell he was drunk and that this wasn't going to go over well.

She chuckled bitterly, looking up at the sky before turning to walk away. In an instant, her arm was in his grasp, and it was tight.

"Darius. Get the f—" he cut her off, roughly grabbing her face in his hand, widening her eyes and immediately sending her into defense, and using her free hand to swing on him, and from that one gesture, they were throwing blows outside the club.

Back inside, Gionni was panicking.

"Where is she at?! She couldn't have just disappeared from the damn bar!" he exclaimed once he and the guys had asked everyone around if they'd seen her at all. Only the bartender remembered her, and said she was gone by the time she turned her head back around to give her the drink.

"G, calm down, think. The girls are checking the bathrooms, if she's not in there, we'll just go outside okay? She can't be far. We gon' find her, Gionni," Caine spoke in a calm tone despite the fact that everyone was just as terrified. But they couldn't let Gionni know that or he'd quickly become overwhelmed and an anxiety attack would follow.

"Okay. We're gonna find her. She's okay," he spoke mostly to himself, taking deep breaths in, trying to calm his erratic heart rate.

A few seconds later, Vinny returned with Lourdes and Saija, and X with Rayne.

"She's not in the bathrooms upstairs," Lourdes shook her head.

"Not downstairs either, aight let's go outside. There's no way the bouncers would let someone visibly take a girl off the property. G, come on," X decided, and everyone followed his lead out front. The security said nobody matching Nadira's description had come out the front doors, and just as they were about to say they'd check the back, they heard something.

"Get off me! DARIUS LET ME GO!" Nadira screeched. His knees dug into her arms as she laid flat on the gravel, angry tears flowing from her eyes. Her chest heaved up and down and she suddenly remembered she had asthma. Due to her high level of activity as a child asthma attacks weren't as frequent, she learned to control her breathing and always keep an inhaler, but she was panicking and panic had induced one in her before. She had to calm down and soon if she didn't wanna throw herself into an severe asthma attack.

"No! Nadira I'm sorry! I love you, please just let me make it up to you, baby. She never meant as much to me as you! You were my everything Nadira please," he begged, holding her face in his hand, watching her cry.