"You look so pretty mama," Nayeli cheesed as they sat

"You look so pretty mama," Nayeli cheesed as they sat. The family was at a restaurant for the night, just to get Nadira out of the house because she'd been driving herself crazy with counting the days since it was past Omari's due date, which was April 28th.

They picked Nayeli up from ballet and went straight out to eat so everyone was a little underdressed but nobody really cared.

"Aww! Thank you precious," she smiled, leaning over to kiss her cheek. She and Gionni did a great job of making her feel like the prettiest pregnant woman in the entire world. She never went a day without compliments from them.

They talked a little about Nayeli and going to fourth grade soon and how excited she was for summer vacation because she was going to ballet camp during the week. They were also gonna take her back to Disney but in California since she was a little older now and could do more big kid things from the last time when she was six. At almost nine they were sure she had many more things to see besides princesses.

"Mommy can I ask you something?" Nayeli played with her hair in her seat, letting Nadira know she was nervous.

"Of course sweet pea, what's up?" she leaned on the table, giving her daughter her full attention.

"Um—so you know how you're my mama but you didn't push me out and stuff?" she asked, and Nadira nodded. "My daddy said that means I can ask you," she paused, looking like she was about to cry.

"What happened? What's wrong babygirl?" Dira reached up to hold Nai's face in her hands.

"It's okay mamas, you can ask her," her dad encouraged, moving some of her loose curls from her face. She nodded and took a deep breath in before continuing.

"So daddy said it's okay if-if I ask you if you wanna be my real mommy, forever," she spoke quietly, trying not to get emotional. "He said you can adopt me, so we went to this big building downtown last weekend and we got this," she reached into her backpack and pulled out some paperwork, handing it to Nadira, who was already crying.

"Daddy said we have to go to court and stuff to make it...legal?" she looked to him & he nodded with a chuckle, rubbing Nadira's back. "Yeah legal, and I know you're gonna have bubby soon, but I wanted to ask you for a really long time, so mommy, will you adopt me?" she grinned.

Nadira sat with her face in her hands, thankful she wasn't wearing makeup, and nodded her head. She had so many emotions running through her all at once. She was so happy that Nayeli asked because she wasn't sure how to approach it herself.

She'd been wanting to make Nayeli her legal child since they got married but with Ameera in the picture still it would have been a little more difficult, but since they could prove to the state that she was incapable of making decisions in the welfare of Nayeli since she was incarcerated for a violent crime, it would be much more straightforward.