Chapter 22: Inseparable

The following morning, Shawn and I went off too work. I didn't want it too seem weird, both of us coming to work together so I insisted on driving my own car to work. One thing I hated most was gossip. Ever since the divorce, Betty would always bother me with questions, wishing to know the latest. I used that chance to quickly go to hospital for a check-up. Last night incident still kept on bothering me. That wasn't even the first time that happened but I never just paid attention to it.

After the test result came out, the doctor came out with a smile saying that I was three weeks pregnant. 

"Oh my God." I murmured silently, surprised it was really it. I didn't know what to feel at the moment. Should I be happy that i'm preganant or what? I'm divorced now and this is obviously Harry's because it was long before we separated. I just didn't know what to think but there was no way I was ever going to abort this child. I rushed out of the clinic and went straight to work. I lied toShawn that I was just caught up in traffic to let him off his worries. He gets too worried lately.

It was later in the day I received a call from the hospital Annna was admitted in. They said she was getting worse and she hadn't eaten for some days now and she would only unless she sees Shawn. I knew this would be her plan of getting to see Shawn but I just wouldn't let her die because I didn't want her to see Shawn. Why couldn't she just see that Shawn has already moved on? He never really loved her, that I know. I walked into his office, telling him about the urgent call I had received earlier.

"She was the same person that got us apart. Why should I go see her? No." Shawn disagreed.

"But Shawn, she needs you right now. Can we just forget about the past and move on." I plead with him.

"NO." Shawn still stood on his words.

"Shawn..." I pleaded again.

"Fine, I'm just doing this cause of you." He says, taking his keys off his desk.

************

I wait outside Anna's room, leaving them both to talk. I could hear from outside how excited Anna was. I was happy she was. I just hope she gets okay. She has been in here for too long. Ever since the incident, her mother stopped seeing her. She never really did have time for her anyways. Always bothered about her business. Somehow, I feel pity for her. I know I should be the one to hate her the most for everything she'd done to me but I saw it wasn't worth it. I still want my Anna back.

"Shawn," Anna joyfully hugged Shawn. "Is this really you? I missed you Shawn." She hugged him again and it made him comfortable.

He sits her down, both staring at each other.

"Anna, what do you want?" Shawn asks, tired of looking at her face.

"What do I want? You, Shawn. I want you." She caresses his cheeks, leaning for a kiss but Shawn moves his face away.

"Anna, stop it."

"Shawn, why are you acting like this? We had something together before remember?"

"It was a mistake. A mistake I regret."

"No, that's not true. Shawn I never hurt you. Elena did. Why did you come with her anyway?  Are you guys seeing each other now or what?"

"No." Shawn wished it was but Elena has just been ignoring his feelings.

"But you wish don't you?" Anna pressures.

"Anna..." He warned.

"Shawn, I can give you everything she can't. Just look at me. We're the same." She tries seducing him but it only made him disgusted.

"You're not the same. You're fake." He stood up, tired of having a conversation with her.

"Shawn, She's deceiving you again! She's lying! She has always been. No matter what, she still ends back with Harry. Nothing can separate them. Not even you." She loses her calm. The nurse injects her with her medicine, putting her to silence.

But those words stuck to Shawn closely. If anything was going to come his way, he was going to abort it, even Harry himself.