Chapter 3: She's my...

So we all know what happened between these two, She was having affair with her boyfriend's best friend and when he caught them, he shot Elena accidentally while attempting to kill Harry. Went to jail, got bailed and they never met till now.......

Presently

Anxiety, fear, betrayal, guilt, struck me as I saw my ex, Shawn. Where had he been the last few months. I few we had a rough path but a part me just wants hug him, knowing that he's alright. He looks healthy to me.

"Are you the personal assistant?" He asked, trying to take his mind off our past.

"Oh...yeah. I am. Been working here for some months now." I shook my head.

"Oh..really. I thought maybe you guys will still be exploring the world since you got your dream." He spoke kind of harsh to me.

"Pardon?"

"Oh, no. I'm not tying to be insultive. I'm just saying." He says, sitting on the arm chair,crossing his legs.

"Okay. It's been five months now since we last met and...I...Shawn how are you?" I asked in guilt.

"Me? How should I be for the past five months? Hmm...I'm...I'm good..." He stressed.

"And as a matter of fact...." 

A lady came in, intruding our conversation.

"Shawn, Congratulations!"  She hugged him. 

"I just heard about it this morning. At least you mov..." 

"Chloe! You got here so fast." Shawn smiles. He noticed I was feeling weird but looked away.

"Yes, I missed your fatty little face." She cupped his cheeks.

"Oh, forgot to introduce you. Chloe meet Elena. Elena meet Chloe."

"Hey." I shook hands with her. 

"And she's my fiancée." Shawn blurted out and damn my face was as hot as a boiling kettle.

"Your what?" I asked again.

"Shawn what are you saying?" Chloe spoke weirdly.

"Chloe," He rubbed her thumbs, "I knew you said you don't want the public to know about it but...She's a friend you know."

"She is? How come I've never seen her?" She scans me fully.

"Wait a minute," She pauses, trying to remember something.

"Isn't she your ex who cheated on you, back then?"

"Oh...you got it right. She did." He nods, smirking.

The moment was weird for me. I felt like running to the bathroom right now and cry the rain.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Elena. I didn't mean it that way. I was just trying to remember. Please believe me." Chloe apologized.

"Seriously, don't bother. I mean...It's all in the past now. It means nothing to me." I shrugged.

It still had a great effect on me, seeing that everyone saw me as the bad person here and that's not true. I try to believe that everyday, that I only fought for what my heart wanted and I did nothing wrong but why am I still hurt by her words?