Chapter 16: Just a fling

(It's been long since I updated. I'm deeply sorry for letting you wait this long. I was just losing interest in the whole writing thing. I just needed a break but I'm back now! The link for the paperback is below for purchase: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1703773721/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awdb_t1_VR9XDW70FWK

I got down from the taxi, entering into Harry's mansion. The security guard was happy to see me. I knew he had a lot of question to ask because of my absense. So did I too.

"Is he...." I had to be sure if he was home but I got interrupted by the security guard.

"He's not doing well, ma'am."

That word alone made me feel I did the wrong thing by leaving him. I took on my heels as fast as I could. I would never forgive myself if anything happens to him. NEVER.

I opened the door, searching for Harry and I sighted him right there on the couch, Ryn hovering over him. I'm so stupid. I turned by back against them, wishing these was all a dream. This can't be happening.

"Get off me." I hear him growl. I just don't know what to believe anymore. I felt like running away, far away from here. I just really couldn't stand the pain.

"Elena, please it's not what you think. Believe me." He moves closer to me, his hands over my shoulders. I rejected his touch. I don't want to feel any thing for him.

"Ryn, say something! You know it isn't true. We did nothing." Harry asks for an answer.

"Harry, why pretend? I know we were drunk last night and we had sex but today....harry, you called me over."

I didn't want to hear any more words. That was enough. Just what I wanted to hear.

"I'm filling for a divorce. And nothing can change my mind. It's over between us, Harry." Tears streams down my face as those unbelievable words came out. 

"El....please don't leave me. Please!!!!" He ran after me but I pushed him away and left the house, without turning my back. I don't want to have second thoughts about this. I should have known all along that I was just a fling to him.

Getting out of the house speedily, I saw Shawn leaning against his car. Just when I needed him. I didn't bother asking him questions. I just want to be out of here. It was suffocating.

"Elena, how did it go?" Shawn asks,

"I was worried about you." 

I wrapped my arms around him, sobbing.

"You were right, Shawn." I tighten my arms around him.

"About what?" He acts oblivious to the whole scenerio.

"Can we just leave here?" I tell him just as I saw Harry come out.

Shawn gives him a wicked grin I didn't seem to notice.

"Elena, please don't go with him. He's going to hurt you."

"Oh, really now." I move closer to Shawn, kissing him full. He was a little surprised I would do that but still he kisses me back.

"Hope that hurts." And we were out. 

********

There was tension between Shawn and I when we got into the house. I was a little surprised that he kissed me back. I just wanted to make it clear to him that it meant nothing.

"Shawn, about the kiss..."

"I know El, It can never work out between us. Besides, I know you still love him. You don't need to deny it." Shawn says, a little hurt.

"I was stupid to love him, Shawn. I'm getting divorced."

"What next?" He moves closer to me, wanting to kiss me. 

"Shawn, I can't. I'm sorry." I rush into my room, avoiding the feeling rushing inside of me. I shouldn't be doing that...

I lit up a cigarette I saw laying on the table. It was probably Shawn's. I just wanted a little drag. I was getting sick of everything. I didn't want to care if it was harmful to me. I was dead anyways. I threw my inhaler out of the window, smoking the cigarette. I didn't care. I was obviously committing suicide .