Chapter 19: That voice

Elena's pov

I woke up late on a saturday morning. I guess I was so tired than I thought. I look to my left seeing the note Shawn left. He went out. I guess he probably went to check some work at the office. I got out of bed, taking a warm bathe, trying to let out the stress. I was reminded about how Harry would come into the shower without my conscience and grip me from behind. I couldn't stop thinking about all our adventures. I missed all of that but I have to start thinking differently. It's over between us now.  

I dressed up, thinking about how to wile away time. The kitchen store was empty so I thought I should just get some items at the grocery store. I took my keys and got out of the house. Not so long after getting out of the store, was when I saw Harry where I parked my car. He was at a coffee shop with a lady. I was inquisitive to know who he was spending time with. To my surprise it was Carol. The same bitch I fired? I scoffed at the thought of it. So, what was she doing with him? Because we got separated she thought this was the best opportunity to take advantage of the situation? How thoughtful. I covered my head with my hoodie, wearing my shade on. I didn't bother to think if I was doing something crazy. I had no time to think. I was furious at the fact that Carol was trying to do something I hated the most. I entered into the shop, walking to where they both sat. I acted like I was about to slip on the floor, my hands purposely hitting the hot coffee placed in front of carol. It spilled on her dress and I was so happy with the way she screamed in despair. 

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry." I tried wiping the stains but I only made it worse.

"Just leave it!" She cried angrily, rushing into the bathroom, trying to figure what to do with the stains.

I looked at Harry who was still surprised with the whole incident. I stared at him weirdly. He hadn't shaved like he always did but still I was just still captivated by his look. I missed him but I just didn't want to accept the fact. I was so happy within me that I did that to Carol, so much I didn't know when a smirk played on my lips.

"Excuse me?" Harry called me, noticing I was acting weird. I didn't want to exchange conversation with him so he wouldn't know it was me but it was too late when he noticed the cut on my finger.

"Oh no." He took a napkin and rolled it around my finger.

"No, it's nothing." I try hiding my voice. The coffee cup injured my hands and I didn't even notice. I let out a little whimper as I begin to feel the pains from the cut.

He looked at me, captured by that sound. It sounded familiar to him.