Chapter 20: She's all I have

I removed my hands away from his before he knew my identity. I rushed out of the shop, Harry following me.

"Wait! Have we met before?" He grabs my hands but I withdrew it and rushed into my car. I heaved a sigh, finally relieved that I escaped that drama. That was way too close. Harry must have lost his breathe running after me.

************

Shawn's pov

After staying over at Chloe's place for some time, I made a hot coffee for her seeing she was about to wake up. She sat up, relaxed her back against the pillow, sipping from her coffee.

"Thanks." She said, feeling ashamed of our last incident.

"It's alright." I replied.

"Shawn, I'm sorry for acting that way towards. I don't want came over me."

"I know everything, Chloe. You were taking my pills. Don't deny it cause I saw them in your bathroom. You didn't hide them well enough. As my therapist, I shouldn't be the one lecturing you," I chuckle. "I guess I would be now since I passed my craziness on to you." I laugh at her.

"No, you didn't!" She hit me on my arm, acting so childish.

"I'm not crazy, I'm just...." She paused, withdrawing her words. I knew she wanted to say something but she just couldn't. She didn't want to get hurt than she was.

"If you're not crazy, what are you then? Let's know now so I can get you to the hospital." I joke.

"Shawn, it's not funny. I'm not having this conversation with you." She turned her face to the other side, avoiding eye contact with me. She didn't want to look at me. I could see she was hurt. I tuck her hair to the side and gave a light kiss on her cheek before taking my leave.

"Good bye, Chloe." I stood up and left the house. I wished I could stay a little while with her to make her feel better but Elena needed me, I thought. 

I got home without Elena being at home. I wondered where she could have gone. Could it be she went back to see Harry? I pondered. I just didn't want to lose Elena again. She's all I have. I called my informant who worked as a maid at Harry's house and she hadn't seen Elena in the house at all. I tried calling her line but she wasn't picking up. I was so worried. 

Few minutes later, after dialing her number consistently, She came home with a heavy load of food stuffs. I heaved a sigh, hugging her tightly. 

"Shawn, what's wrong? You act like I went missing." She looked confused by the whole 'hugging' thing.

"I just missed you." I lied. 

She laughs, caressing my cheeks.

"It's not like I'm running away or something, Shawn."

I grabbed her hands that played on my cheeks but she gave a whimper which made me worried.

"What happened?" I noticed the deep cut on her finger. I was so worried.

"I'm alright. I just hit something that's all." She said but I didn't listen to her. I took the napkin she held, about to roll it on her finger when I saw Harry's name printed on the napkin.

"Why do you have this with you?" I boiled in rage.

*Don't forget to vote!*