Chapter 14: Wish you were here

I stepped my foot into Shawn's house but my mind still struggles in making a decision. I shouldn't be here. I know but does it matter anymore? It still feels like a dream. I never thought for once I'd face this later in the future. We were so perfect.

"Feel at home. If you need anything please let me know." Shawn assures me.

"A glass of water will be okay." I say, still not feeling welcomed in here. He opens the fridge and pours into a glass.

"So....what of Chloe? Is she here?"
I ask while taking a sip from the glass. I was still a little uncomfortable.

"No, She took a flight back to France. She had some work to do."

"Oh...I see.." I felt a little relieved. I just didn't want to be seen as an intruder. Nothing is going on between Shawn and I.

"Elena, don't think too much. Everything will be fine." Shawn noticed I was deep in thoughts.

I scoff at his words.

"It can never be fine, okay. My life is ruined. Harry ruined my life." I try to conceal myself, pretending to be strong.

"Are you so sure that he...you know....with Ryn."

"Shawn, I saw them with my own eyes. He was...he didn't even feel ashamed." I burst into tears that I held in for too long, making Shawn embrace me.

"I'm here for you, El. Why don't you take a bathe and sleep to settle your mind. I don't want you to think too much. You're better than this."

I sniffed, nodding my head. He took me to the guest room.

"Call me if you need anything." Shawn reminds me again and leaves.

I sat on the bed, my mind still drifting to that incident. I check my phone and saw a lot of missed calls from Harry. What does he want? A text pops into my phone from him

From Harry: Please El, I know you think have wronged you. Please let's talk. Just give me this chance. It's not what you think. It's a misunderstanding.

The text made me feel much more irritated. It's not what I think? I shook my head, taking my mind off him. I stripped off my clothes and went into the bathroom.

Shawn's Pov

I open the guest room silently, hoping not to get her attention. I wanted to see how she was doing; maybe getting over it. I heard the water spilling over in the bathroom. Oh, she was already having a bathe. I looked through the curtains, unable to control my urge of seeing her naked. My whole body reacted to this view I had beheld. She was....breathe taking and all I can think about is having her to myself. I left the room immediately I saw her stop the shower. I was surely not letting her slip from me this time. She will be mine.

****************

Harry's pov

I try my best to control my anger at the moment but the thought of me fucking up makes me break things in my room. She wasn't replying to any of my text and that me more unsettled. That shouldn't have happened today, especially not with Ryn. I would never even think of cheating on El. NEVER. If only she knew I was intoxicated. This was Ryn's plan. Why couldn't she just see the truth in my eyes. If only she knew how much I wanted to run after and tell her all that really happened. She would have believed me. I'm no longer that kind of person she would be thinking I am now. I just wish she's save. Oh El, how I wish you were here with me.