Chapter 15: Second chances

I decided to give Harry a second chance after thinking deeply about it during the night. I just want to hear what he has to say and know the way forward. Regardless of him hurting me, I still feel left alone and empty without his presence. I need him. The more I think about it, the incident I mean, everything about that night just felt weird. Why would Harry even intend on hurting me? We know and love each other so much. I just don't understand the whole picture. Something doesn't feel right? Could it be Ryn was only forcing herself on him? He looked intoxicated. NO, I'm just saying all this because my heart still yearns for him. He broke my trust.

I pack my hair into a bun after staring deeply into the mirror, full of thoughts. I applied less make-up. I just didn't want it to look obvious I cried all through the night. I was wearing a black strapless dress which was for Chloe. She didn't have much in here and I wasn't intending to seduce Harry with this dress. It was really short though. I got out of the room, seeing Shawn had already made breakfast but I was in no mood to eat.

"Hey, good morning." Shawn said, dishing the food on the table.

"Good morning but Shawn you shouldn't have done all these, really." He reminded me of old times. Most especially when we get into a fight or something, he always made sure he did something to please me the next day. So sweet of him but I wasn't in for this at the moment and I shouldn't even be here, especially with my ex. I'm still a married woman.

"Elena, it's really no big deal." He says with a smile, gesturing for me to come sit down.

"Shawn, I promise I'll eat when I get back. I have somethings I want to take care of." I didn't want to tell him I was going to see Harry after everything. He might say I wasn't thinking straight.

He sighs "You mean Harry, right? You don't have to hide it from me. After all, we're friends."

"Shawn, I just feel I need to listen to him at least." 

"You're doing the right thing, Elena." He encouraged me. It only made me wonder how Shawn could become so reserved and calm during the past few months. He's a change person and I really like who he has become.

I left the house and boarded a taxi to Harry's place. I was making the right decision.

************

"Hello, Ryn. Yes, she's on her way to his place. Get there before her and do what you need to do." I would do anything to get you back Elena and this time, you would leave him completely.