Chapter 37: Red Team

Começar do início

Our blood was boiling, I wasn't losing my mate tonight!! Volker in rage exterminated most of them but more kept coming. I recognize them, they were around her a minute ago. I looked over Serah and she was nowhere in sight.

Anger got the best of me, where the hell was she? I can't smell her blood so I was partially at ease but not seeing her made me nervous. I couldn't smell the rogues either and it was problematic. Someone from the higher ranks worked with these filthy mutts. 

I slaughtered all of them. There was no mercy for these underdogs! Seeing how they fought, they were puppets condemned to die. But for what?!

I shifted back and sprinted to Serah, she wasn't moving, her heartbeat was steady and no one was around her.

I saw her alone ready to rush forward. There was nothing in front of us. So I took her in my arms, letting the sparks play on our body. I won't allow her to go away from me.  She was mine and I was hers.

"Jay! let go we have to catch him!"

She was floundering in my arms trying to scurry off. I wasn't letting her go. I followed her eyes but no one was there. As she realized it, she relaxed but was she seemed disoriented.

She turned around putting her small hands on my torso and let her feet regain the ground as she calmed down.

"Jay, someone was here. I swear he-"

Her voice was masked by my sisters' making her way towards us.

"Serah! Jay! What happened?!"

She wasn't alone, she came in with Theo both freshly marked. I would have killed Theo for laying his hands on my baby sister but there were more urgent matters.

"Jessica take her to the packhouse and Theo-"

Women, beings that never respect us. I couldn't even order around my people without someone interfering.

"Jay, listen, there is someone out there, and he just vanished a second ago. We have to find him!"

If what she was saying was right, we had to find him or rather let him guide us to their leader. 

"Serah, we'll track him later. Tomorrow at most, after having a concrete plan."

My words were making my mate restless for no reason.

"Jay, whoever this guy was, he knew things so I wouldn't let him go away!!"

Her explanation was confusing.

"The rogue knew what exactly?"

I said and she was uncomfortable, she didn't want to answer. But she won't, the matter is discussed. She looked over my sister with a knowing both seemed to communicate without the mind link.

Then she took Jess's hand and they dashed to the packhouse. Weird.

"Theo, mind link the elders for a meeting right now and ask the guards what happened."

I left my beta with these instructions and I tried to smell rogue but there was nothing. If we wanted to find him we had to track them like hunters.

I put my guard up hearing people but it was only my friends coming.

"Guys!! Why such a butchery!"

Here she was Erika Van Forest, alpha of Green Night pack, closely followed by her partner Collin Sterling. They were both known as the untamable pair. They mostly sorted things out with a fight.

It wasn't the time for history class.

"What are you doing here both? I thought your mates didn't show up?"

They were both my age and allies of the pack. We met at the alpha camp back then but I never went back as I took over my duties at eighteen.

"Fooling around, Max was supposed to track us down and she just found us."

This duo, taking everything as a game honestly. At least their beta wasn't like them. Max, as they said, found us with dozens of dead bodies on the floor.

"Holy sh*t! How did rogues come this far?!"

Max was making a point. How did they? Even now, it just smells like ordinary dead bodies. The rotten and hideous smell was there.

"I don't know either. We'll have a meeting and make a team to track them down because one of them escaped."

Theo was actually with Cam and some guards. They were cleaning up this mess to not agitate the participants.

"Come on! We were having fun."

Collin sighed not happy that the mating ball had lost all of its fun.

"What about a new game? One which we have to track to kill?"

Max was making the Green Night pack interested. Was she suggesting to form a team?

"Are you thinking what I think Max?"

The partners looked at each other with a knowing smile. And I grinned at the suggestion.

"I guess you guys are all staying?"

It reminded us of the camp, it was our team. The red team.