44. Run Away

Author's Note:

So everyone, I've reached my chapter limit😂 I was actually planning to stop on my 45th part on first day but I made situations worse so I guess this book will have many chapters than I expected😅 I'll make things clear and understandable so you guys won't get confused😊 I got confused myself so I'm also gonna need a little clearing things up.

--

Jennie's POV

"No.. This is not true! Mrs. Kim, tell him it's not true!" Taehyung shouted. "Jen," He knelt down and cupped my face. "Jen, this is not true. She's probably just making this up."

I shook my head in disapproval. I knew I would be the unwanted child she's talking about. I had this gut feeling but I kept fooling myself. "Taehyung.. I'm her only daughter. It can't be anyone else..."

"Shh.." He hugged me and brushed my hair. "Stop crying.."

"Tell me this is a dream. Tae.. This is just a dream, right? Nothing is real? I'll just wake up and everything will go away."

He nodded and wiped my tears. "Everything's gonna be fine." He helped me stand and walked me to a room. "This is my old room. I think you should rest."

"Tae.. Please don't leave.."

"I won't leave. I'll talk to your mom." He smiled and closed the door.

"Jennie, why did you have to be this problematic? Why does your life suck?" Did I deserve this? Did I do something wrong?

"Dad! Don't tell me you believe Mrs. Kim." I ran towards the door and listened. "There must be a misunderstanding."

"We were too young. We had no idea about this. We weren't thinking about the consequences of our actions." Mom replied.

"But it's not Jennie. Take back what you said, please..it can't be her."

"Son.."

"Dad! Jennie can't be my step sister! I can't let that happen."

Step sister. I'm his dad's daughter.. of course. "But Taehyung, she's my daughter. We can't do anything about this. It was a mistake and..I have to be responsible for it."

"You can't be serious.. Dad! She's the girl I love! She's my everything! She can't be my fvcking sibling! I do love her but not as a family member!"

"Listen, I was not against you and Jennie getting into a relationship. But Taehyung, she's your sister. You can't be together."

"It's your fvcking fault and yet I'm getting punished! I am not supposed to be the one facing the consequences of your wrongdoings! It's not my fault! It's yours!"

"Taehyung! It already happened and no one wanted this. Just accept it and move on!"

"It's so easy for you to say that because you're not gonna face the aftereffect of your fault. I am! I can't let you break us."

"I'm your father! Listen to me! You are not continuing that relationship with you and my daughter. It's not right."

"You don't tell me what to do! Why did I even regret getting mad at you?"

I moved away. They're starting to fight again. "I can't  let Taehyung's family end up like mine." I turned to the window and opened it. "I don't want you to hate your dad because of me. I'm doing this for you. For everyone." I left passing through the window. "I'm sorry Tae."

--
3rd Person's POV

"Jennie?" Taehyung knocked on the door. "Jen, I'm coming in." He opened the door and there was no Jennie in sight. "Jen?!" He entered the restroom but she's also not there. "Jennie!" He looked at the window and it was open. "No. No.. Jen!"

"What happened?" Jennie's mom went inside. "Where's Jennie?"

Taehyung clutched on the curtain. "She ran away."