55. Make Up

"Did you cry?" Taehyung asked the moment I entered his room. "Yah. Did that Yoongi make you cry?"

I shook my head. "I found out that I'm not really mom's daughter. I'm Mrs. Park Dareun's daughter. They had to keep it from their parents, that's why."

"Are you okay?" He hugged me and rested his chin on my shoulder.

"Yeah. Yoongi defended me. He also comforted me so you don't have to worry."

He pulled away. "Ah.. Really?" He sighed and looked down.

"Yah.. Don't feel bad about it." I hugged his torso and burried my face on his chest. "You're here with me. That's the most comforting thing ever."

He rubbed my back and kissed my forehead. "Are you tired?"

"A little." I whispered. He carried me to his bed and laid down beside me. His arms wrapped around me, giving me the warmth I needed. "Thanks Tae."

"Anything for you."

--

"What are you planning to do?" I wanted to talk to my mom.. or Yoongi's mom. I wanted to know if she's doing fine.

"I'll go back to my old house. I need to check on mom." His expressions changed. He looked worried. "Tae, I'm just gonna talk to her." I cupped his face. "Don't worry."

"You always say that." He pouted.

"Because you're always worried." I smiled. "I have to go. See you later?" He pecked on my lips and ran back to his room.

"I love you!" He shouted from his room.

"Love you too!" I shouted back and left.

I called Yoongi and he picked me up. "You sure you want to talk to her?" He asked while driving.

"She still raised me. I still owe her something." We arrived and I knocked on the door. She was the one who opened it. "Mom." He pulled me for a hug and cried.

"I'm sorry." She started crying. "I'm so sorry Jennie." The papers on the table caught my eyes. My certificates.

"You still have those?" She pulled away, wiping her tears. "I thought you tore all of them?"

"Of course I kept them. I only tore one, but I taped it. It's rare to see a certificate and I never had one when I was young."

"You.. You really kept them." I sat on the couch and looked at then. "It's all here." I looked up to her and smiled.

"I'm really sorry for treating you the wrong way. Not being my real child doesn't mean I should treat you unfairly. Forgive me Jennie."

I stood up and hugged her. "If it weren't for you I'd starve to death. You did treat me unfair but you still let me eat three times a day.. There's a roof above my head.. I went to school.. You did many things for me and I'm thankful for that."

"I'm so sorry." I rubbed her back. "Yoongi's right. I don't deserve you. You're the most humble person I ever know."

"See? You're complimenting me.."

"Silly child." I pulled away. "Are you staying? I'll cook something for you."

"No need. I'm meeting up with my..real mom." I did ask for her number and she also agreed to see me.

"Ah.. Of course. Is Yoongi driving you there?" I nodded. "Becareful then.." I hugged her one last time and bid goodbye.

"So?"

"We're in good terms now."

"Good to know. Now where are we heading?" We went inside his car. "To meet this real mother of yours?"

"The park." He drove to the park where I first met her and my step sister, I guess? We arrived and I saw her sitting on the bench.

"Mrs... Park.." There was a guy sitting beside her and..it's dad. "Dad!" Both of them turned to me. "You're also here."

Mrs. Park stood up and surprisingly hugged me. She was crying. "Your dad told me everything. I knew you were someone close to me. You're my daughter." I looked at dad and he smiled. "I thought I'd never see you."

I hugged her back. "But we saw each other again. I'm so happy to know you're my mother."

"You don't know how happy and sorry I am at the same time. I just had to for your sake."

"I understand." She pulled away and looked at me.

"My god, you're a grown up lady.. You're even taller than me." I chuckled. "You look just like me." She hugged me again.

"How about the father?" Dad stood up and joined the hug. Mom just laughed at him.

Finally, I'm with my family. My real one. It's disappointing to know the truth after so many years but I'm still happy because I had a chance to meet and be with them.

We talked and had a little bonding. Mom was so childish and she thinks just like my age. She also teases me with Taehyung. Same goes with dad who keeps on laughing at her silliness.

Until night fell. "Are you sure you don't want me to drive you home? You forced Yoongi to go home. Who's gonna accompany you?"

"Dad. I'm old enough to handle myself. The both of you should continue the bonding. Besides, Mr. Park said, 'Go see your family. I'll only give you this day' to mom."

"Are you sure about this Jennie? It's dark. It's too dangerous for you."

"Mom.. Dad.. Your daughter's a grown up kid. Stop worrying about me, okay? I know how to go home at night." They looked at each other. "I'll get going. See you again next time." I waved goodbye. Both of them hugged me before letting me go.

*Ting*

"Now this is Taehyung." I took my phone and read the text message. It's not Taehyung? My heart started to beat fast after reading what she texted me. "No... Tae.. " I called a taxi and went to the address she texted me.