22. Secret Behind Her Mask

Jennie's POV
(of course she's alive everyone)

I woke up and found myself lying on a hospital bed. "How did I get here?" I sat down but I suddenly felt pain on my stomach. Right.

Flashback.

She cut my skin on my neck. I fell on the ground and used my elbows as a support. "Please.. Don't do this."

"Too bad. I already did. To end your useless life..." She stabbed me with a knife and my vision became blury. I suddenly fainted.

The door opened and a nurse came in. "Oh, you're awake. How are you feeling miss?" She asked.

"I'm fine. How did I get here? Did someone help me?" She was placing a basket of fruits on the table.

"Yes. It was a couple. They just left and they wanted to give you these for your fast recovery." Oh. I thought it was somebody else. "Just press this button if you need anything." She pointed a blue button near my bed. "I'll leave your for a while." She left and closed the door.

Then I remembered what Yeri told me. "Too bad. I already did. To end your useless life."

"Useless. The only word they can think of to describe me. Everytime." I looked at the basket of fruits and looked back when I was little.

Flashback.

"Mom! I brought you fruits!" I ran to her happily as I show her the fruits I picked. "I found them at our neighbor's backyard."

"This?! What on earth are you doing, Jennie?! This is stealing! And look," She took a fruit and held it close to her face. "They're already rotten!" She threw it at me, hitting my head real hard. "Why can't you be useful for once?!" She took the basket and threw it outside the window.

I stopped myself from crying. "I'm sorry." I ran to my room and cried.

I was six then. And when I turned thirteen...

"Mom, I got the highest score in our exam! And look!" I showed her my certificate. "I got the highest honor!"

"Yeah, so what? Can that paper help us leave this place?! Can that paper give us money?! Why don't you just stop going to school and help your family at the market!?"

"But mom, I'm doing my best in school. I top in everything!"

"Doing your best in school is useless! You don't earn money in that crap." She tore and crumpled my certificate. "This is useless! Just like you!"

My mother never appreciated everything I did. When dad found a decent job, our family started to earn something.

I was happy since my mother treated me fairly this time. She wasn't all grumpy and mad about me. She supports me in everything I do.

But one day came that worried me. When we lost everything and when dad left, my mom started to turn into her cruel and unappreciative side.

I was afraid to be treated as a useless trash again. I didn't want to hear her painful words again, that's why I had no choice but to work and earn money to help her.

I love my mom so much. It's just that, I don't feel her sympathy towards me. I've been trying to do my best everyday, just to hear her 'congratulations' and 'that's amazing's.

But even if I try to become the best version of me, I always end up being judged and unappreciated.

The truth is, I didn't aim to fit in with those rich kids. I just wanted to be accepted and valued.

I felt my tears falling from my eyes as I was looking back. The world's really unfair but I just have to accept it 'cause I can't do anything to change that fact.

"Jen.." I turned to the door and saw him panting. "You're here." He ran towards me and held my hand. "Jen I'm sorry for treating you badly.. I shouldn't have said those things... I thought I lost you." His arms wrapped around me.

I felt how time slowed down when he embraced me. I liked this.. And somehow, I felt the value I was longing to feel.

--
Author's Note:

So basically, this chapter is all about flashbacks😅 Don't worry everyone! Jennie's fine😁 I didn't want to leave you guys hanging that's why I updated this chapter.

Hope it wasn't too bad and too sad💕💚

Last chapter for today guys!!😘😘