29. Sleeping Buddy

Jennie's POV

I looked at my face in the mirror. I can clearly see the bruise on my lip making me cry. I was almost raped and I was so scared. I'm thankful that Taehyung was there.

I laid on the bed and closed my eyes. "Forget about what happened Jennie. You're safe."

But just when I was about to sleep, the window opened and a guy in a mask went in. I immediately stood up and ran towards the door but he caught me and pushed me back on the bed.

"Let me go!! What are you doing?! Help me!" He covered my mouth and undressed me. "Hmmm!!"

"You really thought you can get away?" He bit my neck I shouted. I felt his hands on my shorts, pulling it down.

I kept pushing his hand away and I successfully did. "Help me!! Taehyung!"

--

"Tae!" I opened my eyes and saw him looking at me with a worried look on his face. I got up and hugged him. "Taehyung.."

"Hey.. Stop crying. I'm here." He hugged me back.

"I thought he was here again.." I sobbed. "He was doing it again."

"It's just a dream. Don't worry, I won't let anyone hurt you." He slowly tapped my back. "Don't cry." He started humming a song and it calmed me down.

He volunteered to be my sleeping buddy since HE was scared that I will get harassed again. He said he didn't want me to cry because of that memory.

I burried my face on his chest. "Tae?" He replied with a hum and stopped singing. "Thanks. For being there for me and for saving me."

"Of course I will." He kissed my forehead and he laid me down, still not breaking the hug. "Sleep well. I'll be here." He brushed my hair lightly.

I felt so safe and warm when he's hugging me like this. I know it's pretty awkward for us to do this since I'm not his girlfriend. But he insisted. "You should sleep too."

"Ani. I'll guard you." Stubborn. "My baby's worried?"

"I'm not and I'm not your baby. You're not some dad..dy." I stopped as I realized what I just said.

"What? Can you say it again? It was too silent." I smacked his chest.

"Shut up. It wasn't intentional." He chuckled. "I'm trying to sleep."

"Okay babygirl." Just shit. "I love calling you that. And I hope the next time I say it, I'm already between your legs."

"Yah! I'm still traumatized by what happened. Stop talking about sex for once." He chuckled and kissed my forehead again. "Let me sleep."

"I'll stop now." He hugged me tighter and I felt his breathing.

The room was so silent. The only thing that we can here the is the AC.

"Jen?"

"Hmm?"

"If I stay by your side, always.. Will you stay by with me too?" I lifted my head and looked at him.

"Of course. You've been comforting me and it's the least I could do."

"I mean.. If I continue to love you, is there a chance that you would love me too? Will you return my love?"

I stopped. I didn't know what to tell him. I didn't want to upset him with a negative answer. I wasn't sure of my feelings. "I don't know. But.. Don't give up on me?"

He smiled and nodded.

"I'm still not sure Tae. But when I know what I really feel, you'll be the first one to know. I promise."

--

Author's Note:

Sooo I actually have to take ten exams in a row tommorow😪 and please understand if I can't update the next chapter😅

Wish me luck everyone!!😘💕💚 Thanks for the support!!💜