3. First Night

He was already asleep when I finished doing his schoolwork. Gosh he's so lazy. He can't even answer a single word problem.

And about the 'scare me' trick he pulled... Psh, I'm not dumb enough to believe his crap.

It was already around six in the evening. I spent five hours in his cold room doing everything he's supposed to be doing!

I went to the kitchen and searched for something to eat. "Excuse me, do have a piece of bread? I haven't actually ate lunch."

"What?! Oh, you poor girl. Here, come sit." I smiled and sat on a chair. "I guess Mr. Kim Taehyung was harsh on you. I heard he let you stay in the attic."

"He's a brat. But I'll deal with his attitude." She gave me a bowl of soup. "Thanks. May I know your name?"

"Ah! I forgot to introduce myself earlier. I am Kim Riyeon and I am the head servant of this house. I served for around 20 years already."

"You- You worked here for years?" She nodded. "Woah.. You were able to stand that kid?"

"Ah.. The devil.." I laughed secretly at his nickname. "That's the nickname we give to Mr. Kim. He wasn't all bad, actually. It just started when his father left them."

"You mean, he changed because of his dad?"

"Yes. It was a big change of character. Mr. Taehyung was a jolly, sweet and maybe, annoying kid. But now, he's so cold towards everyone."

"So that's what happened..." I was about to sip when he barged in.

"Jennie!" He shouted and looked at me. "What the heck are you doing here? Who told you to leave my room?!"

"I was hungry."

"What?" His expression changed. It softened a little. "You should've told me. Get up." He walked towards me and pulled me up. "Fix yourself and wear something nice."

"Huh?"

"Do I have to change your clothes for you?" WHAT?! "Although, it's not a bad idea..."

"No! I-I'll change upstairs." I removed his hand and ran to the attic aka my room. "He's an effing pervert!" I changed to one of my decent looking clothes and went downstairs. "What is he up to again?"

"Let's go." He went inside his car. "Get in." I opened the passenger's seat's door and went in.

"Where on earth are we going?"

"Eat."

--

"No. No, no.. I can't afford anything." I gave him the menu book. "I'll just get water and stick to Ms. Riyeon's soup."

"Silly. I'll be paying so just pick whatever you want. I don't want to hear you complaining that I didn't feed you anything." Wow. "And also, I don't want you to die in hunger."

This guy.. I am not gonna forget about myself.

"Just pick anything." He added and gave me the menu book.

"I'll go with the steak." He replied with a hum and called a waiter. He was a guy and I think he's our age.

"Ani, ani.. Go back." He shooed him and the guy waiter walked away, confused. "You. The older one." He pointed a guy in his forties. "Take our order."

What is wrong with him?

The waiter left and Taehyung started browsing something in his phone. "Yah. Why did you shoo the first guy? I think he's an intern."

"Do I look like I care? I don't like him." I just shook my head in disbelief. "Why?" His eyes were focused on me. "Don't tell me you like him."

"Of course not. I was just curious why you turned him away when he was trying to do his job." He went back to his phone.

Our food came and what a silent night it was! We were not able to talk nor say a word. We're just silent the whole time until we got home.

"Do you need something else? There's school tomorrow and we can't be late."

"I know." He went inside his room.

Rude.

I went back to the attic and changed my clothes. It was almost ten in the evening. I fixed my bed and was ready to sleep when I heard giggles(?)

I rose up and looked around. "The heck am I hearing?" Then, it went silent. I took my phone and turned the flashlight on. Just when it lighted the room, an image of a girl appeard. "AAAHHHHHH!!!!!"

I ran downstairs still screaming. I bumped into someone and immediately hugged him or her.

"Th-there's s-something upstairs." I was trembling. I can't believe what that brat told me was real. "He was right.."

"Told you so." I immediately backed off hearing his voice. "I warned you, right?"

"I thought you were just trying to scare me."

"And why would I do that? I just wanted you to be informed. Maybe you'd want to know." He walked towards me. "Now where would you sleep?" He teasingly said.

"I'll ask Ms. Riyeon to let me sleep-"

"You're not doing that." He trapped me with his arms. My back was against the wall and there wasn't even enough space between us. "I'm your boss and you will be sleeping in my room. Follow my orders."