Allies

Arisu was afraid, terrified even. Someone with the sharingan trying to impersonate her. To her knowledge, there were only three Uchiha possibly left, one being her father's murderer and the other two...complicated to say the least.

This one was an unknown variable.

Did Itachi know about this?

She didn't know, somehow she needed to get to the bottom of this. The Uchiha weren't a clan to be taken lightly even, if almost eradicated.

She picked up a pen.

And began to write.

Meanwhile her future counterpart stared into the eyes of a Mangekyo Sharingan.

"Arisu?" Itachi sighed, "What are you doing here?" He whispered in a hushed tone. His partner gone, but not for long.

Arisu found Itachi in a village far away from the Leaf, most likely doing some sort of mercenary work for the Akatsuki. Illegal work.

"I need to speak with you." She narrowed her eyes. "Meet me here when you can...or send a clone."

Itachi nodded, "Hn."

The young Senju ignored the twang of sadness at the memories the single syllable stirred within her mind.

Sasuke..

She nodded. And hiraishined away.

"Were you speaking with someone just now?" Kisame Hoshigaki quirked a brow as he approached the elder Uchiha.

"No."

She waited under the shade of a tree.

"What is it Hokage-sama?"

Arisu inhaled, "I am entrusting you with an S-rank secret."she informed stoically.

Itachi said nothing, merely nodding as she activated her Mangekyo.

His eyes widened.

"You..."

"I'm an Uchiha." She confirmed solemnly. "And I have experienced great loss..." she finished stiffly.

"Arisu...who...? Did you k-?"

"I didn't kill anyone." She whispered softly, "he...killed himself.....I suppose."

"Who?"

"Sasuke."

Itachi's eyes narrowed. "Impossible. My brother is with training under Orochimaru now."

Arisu nodded. " Correct. But not in my time...."

"Your time..." Itachi repeated slowly as he inhaled. "Don't tell me..."

She nodded. Swallowing.

"I come from the future. And in my future...I...I..." Her lip quivered, "I lost him..."

She tried to fight her tears.

She couldn't.

She lost.

She finally broke.

Arisu sobbed, cupping her eyes. The pain of the loss finally hitting her full force as she stood guiltily in front of her lover's brother. She caused Sasuke's death... and had the nerve to beg his older brother for help?!

Arisu felt pathetic.

She felt worthless.

"I'm so sorry...!" She fell onto her knees, not daring to look Itachi in the eyes. "Please forgive me...!"