Chaos

(Preciously called: Chaos, utter Chaos)

Arisu narrowed her eyes, then widened them, blinking. Her eyes shifted red.

"What's wrong?" Haku asked as he combed his fingers through her hair. Glancing at her beautiful ruby eyes.

"My eyes are prickling." Arisu said stiffly, "don't worry. It's probably nothing..." she assured her new boyfriend who smiled in return.

Haku couldn't keep his lovesick puppy expression off his face and Arisu couldn't help but feel inwardly conflicted.

But goddamn it! Haku was adorable!

A knock on the front door interrupted her flurry of thoughts. Reluctantly, Haku allowed the fearsome Hokage to go and tend to their visitor.

Arisu opened the door and came face to face with——

"——Sakura?" She inquired incredulously at her former teammate who stared solemnly at her.

"I need to talk to you." Sakura Haruno glanced at Arisu. Her eyes darting back and forth between the newly formed couple.

Arisu frowned. So Naruto had told Sakura already.

"Fine..."

Haku stood and sighed. "Sakura...I know what your thinking and...I'm sorry. Tell Naruto I'm sorry... but I can't—-!"

"I understand Haku." Sakura smiled weakly. "It's out of your control. Your heart chooses who it chooses..."

He nodded.

"I'll...wait for you at your office." Haku kissed Arisu's forehead and left the two women in silence.

"Sakura—-!"

"Shut up." She growled, placing her hands on her hips. "You idiot!" She snapped at the Hokage.

Arisu narrowed her eyes.

"I'm a what?"

Arisu was no fool. She didn't take kindly to being called one either, though, she could probably understand Sakura's train of thought.

"It's about goddamn time!" Sakura pinched the bridge of her nose. "That poor Haku! I'm not surprise if he..."

She shook her head. "That's not what I came to say."

Sakura stared at Arisu.

"Tell me. What is it?"

"You...I'm so fucking happy for you. You know that?" Sakura sighed, "you are my best friend and...well..." her eyes filled with admiration. "My hero." Sakura told Arisu honestly.

Arisu inhaled. Where was her teammate going with this?

"You are the amazing girl that stole Sasuke's heart...became Hokage...and inspired me to get a grip!" Sakura continued. "But..." she frowned, "you're also our only chance of bringing Sasuke home." She finished pleadingly.

Arisu suddenly felt ten times more tired.

"I'm...."

"Don't apologize—-!"

"So confused..." Arisu whimpered. "I don't know anymore...I'm trying to do what's best for myself but...."

She loves Sasuke...but she he's gone, leaving her heart with nothing but emptiness. Haku was able to fill that void and...

Now she was torn.

"I'm just being selfish now."

Sakura opened her mouth to speak...to comfort...