12

Edward

It has been two weeks since school had begun and I still haven't been able to get back my friendship with Diana. All she does is teach me and give me smiles and explains me the subjects and goes back home.
I hear a knock on the door and I allow the person to enter inside my room.
"Hey baby" my mom says
I smile as I remove my mettalic blue headphones
"So.....how's your studies going on?" She inquires
"Pretty well Ma." I say
"Hmm.....how's your partner doing?" She smiles
"Diana's fine...." I stutter.
"You didn't get her home the other day." She recollects

I didn't answer Mom. What would I tell her? How would I tell Mom that we weren't really close friends anymore or do I just tell her she didn't really like me.

"She had the SCB meeting." I lie
"Oh okay. Will you bring her when she has free time." Mom asks for an assurance
"Yeah..I'll will." I give her a fake smile
"Never loose a friend like her, Ed. She's helped you with becoming the guy you are." Mum reminds me as I fake smile again.

When mom left the room, she left me with memories which I try to forget whenever I look at Diana everyday.

She helped me be the guy I am today. She baked cookies and cake just because I said that I wouldn't go for soccer practice if she wouldn't. She would come and watch me play soccer with our parents when I had matches and if I had won she would make me some speacial treats which she was amazing at. She did my first aid when I fell and got bruises while playing soccer. She wrote my speech for the nomination of the vice captain of soccer in primary school and I won because of her. When I almost gave up for joining the soccer team, she had inspired me not to give up and today I'm on my way to a soccer academy after school. She is the reason I joined the soccer team. She is the reason I'm so popular in school.

But my girlfriend, Julia is the only reason I'm still in the soccer team. If not for Julia, I wouldn't have been in the soccer team anymore.

Even though Diana was my close friend in the past and she has helped me become who I am today. Julia is my love. She is my girlfriend and she helps with soccer now. I wasn't sure if I should mend my friemdship with Diana or to maintain my relationship with Julia.