20

Diana :

"BOOOO" was all I heard before I lost balance on fell backward on something probably a wall and my ear drums were buzzing

But no sooner did I fall leaning on the wall than something caught me by my waist.

Eh? The walls have hands?

I saw Oli's facial expression turn from scared to happy and later a smirk was on her face.

This is exactly what best friends do. They have the time of their lives when their best friend's in trouble.

But that smirk of hers was still there and she didn't even bother to help me and her eyes were shifting from me to something else behind me, which I suppose is the wall. The wall with hands.

But now the grip on my waist became tighter and that's when I kept on hands on my waist so that I could regain my balance. But when I kept my hands on my waist, I was taken aback because of the warmth I felt.

I immediately got on my feet and looked back only to find Edward's eyes gazing into mine.

It was Edward who said "Boooo". The thing's that even worse is, it was he who I fell on and caught me...by my waist.

We just kept looking at each other. I didn't know what to say and so did he. He looked really nervous and he started biting his lips.

" Ummm...I'm...sorry." he looked at me and gave me a short look before he went back to biting his lips again.

"Uh..yeah...it's alright..." I gave him a sympathetic smile and that made him smile too.

I must say that his eyes sparkled and I could see the faint tint of golden-brown hidden in his eyes and his lashes were adding on to the perfection if his eyes.

Oli came and stood next to us and cleared the awkwardness

"Diana atleast didn't say anything to you. I would have beaten you black and blue." Oli says to Edward

Edward looked at me and laughed at Oli's remark.

All I was thinking was about how Edward caught me. Much as I wanted to argue with him about annoying me with his kiddish behaviour, I couldn't. I just couldn't digest the fact that we had a very intimate moment unexpectedly. I was trying to recollect the way I sensed the touch on my waist. Now that I think about it, my heart's beating really fast and I can't stop thinking about it. I want to look at Edward but I was already embarrassed for falling on him.

"Umm....Diana" Edward calls out to me as the class is going on.

I tried not to look at him because I couldn't concentrate already. All that was playing in my head was my fall and the after math. His eyes. His eyes that looked straight through mine after the fall.

"I'm sorry about what happend. It was a foolish thing to do " he whispered

I pretended to listen to the professor in front of us. But the truth is, Edward's voice were the only sound waves my ear was reciprocating to.

I was wondering, how am I going to deal with him in the SCB classes. Atleast here, I could dodge him but in the SCB classes, it'll only be him and I.

Suddenly there was a touch on my hand and my body reacted to it in the most unusual way. There was a tight feeling in my stomach and I could feel the way my heart was skipping it's beats. How else do you expect me to react when Edward Rephlin keeps his palm on your arm ?

"Hey...." he still kept his palm on my arm and that's when I froze while I looked at him.

"Hmm." was all I managed to say

"I'm really sorry...it really wasn't my intention to make you fall. I was just repaying you for your sass, that's it. I'm really sorry, I truely am." Edward said as he looked innocent and honest.

Edward kept looking at me for an answer and I kept looking at his palm on my hand. The hand of this boy itself looked like a stone carved masterpiece. But Edward removed his hand as I looked at him and then my arm.

"Its alright Ed." I give a smile to him but his face is still fallen

"You sure you aren't hurt right?" He asks me as looks at the professor to make sure we aren't being noticed

"Yeah...What makes you think I could get hurt when you caught me ?" I look at him trying to find an answer by looking deep into his eyes.

His eyes are so lovely that you could stare at them all day and still find them appealing the next day. They were green with streaks of brown and gold. The more I was looking at them, the more was I analysing them.

Edward smiles at me and looks away. I too, smiled and went back to listening to the professor and I couldn't understand what she was doing.