14

Edward:

I was waiting for Diana in the room and I haven't seen her the whole day except in the cafè with that damn Manuel. When I saw them together I felt really irritated and I didn't like it.
My irritation was increased when I saw Diana coming in and I was replaying that moment when she was with Manuel.

"Hey.....so you've been really busy today...you didn't miss too many classes though." She said as she unscrewed the cap from her water bottle

"Thank God."I didn't want to speak to her but I managed to bring out a few words.

"We'll be doing an important chapter in Accounts today. I have brought some notes that I made." She cheers as she removes some papers from her bag.

I don't know why but I was not even able to smile. I just kept on pulling a blank face and listening to Diana as she was teaching me Accounts.
"Are you alright." Diana questions me as I'm completely blank
"Yeah....Yeah I'm good." I fake a smile

She stares at me for a few seconds to know if I'm alright and I ignore her and I drink some water. I come up with an idea of calling someone to see how Diana would react and I was pissed so I wanted to confirm the reason behind my anger.

"Hey, can I make an important call?" I ask her
"Um....you're not allowed to until this session is over." She informs as she looks down at the Accounts text book.
"It's an important one, please ?" I request her as I partly lie to her.
She looks up to me and gives me a beautiful smile that shows off her beautiful face. Seeing her I didn't feel like turning my thoughts into action.
But I felt insisted when she said "Okay....do it quick." and she went back to looking at the book

I take me phone and scroll through my contact list and I tap on the screen as I see the name of the person I wanted to call

I look at Diana to catch her expression as I call out to the person on the other end of the call
"Hey Manuel." I say and as I look at Diana she freezes and she looks upto me with a flushed face.

"Mate listen, I can't come to the meeting. I will send Mike on my behalf." I inform Manuel but my concentration is on Diana who is disturbed and she looks nervous.

"I can't man....I have some really important job and I can't miss it." I explain.

Diana looks at me and she is really red. It made me more angry when I saw her when I uttered Manuel's name.

"Thanks Manuel." I say as I look at Diana and she looked at me. But as soon as she looked at me she looked away.

"You're not going to the meeting at 4?" Diana asks as she clicks the pen and I can say that she is nervous.
"How do you know about it?" I ask her even though I knew the answer but I wanted her to tell me either ways.
"Um....I was there....when you were told about it...in the cafè..." she stammers as she looks away
"Oh yes! With Manuel.....you were with Manuel having your breakfast." I say rapidly
"Yeah...well...I was having mine first and then he joined me..." she nervously utters

"So I'll learn this today and tell you tommorrow..." I interupt our conversation about Manuel cause I couldn't bear it anymore.
"Ummm..yeah....it's pretty simple..." she suggests

I don't understand how my time flies so quick when I learn with Diana. She makes every minute seem like the blink of an eye

"Umm....would you like to have a milk shake or something...just at the cafè..." I suggest as I was very hungry
"I've gotta go....I'm sorry..." Diana informs me as she gets up from her chair
"Ah...it's no deal...I was just very hungry...so I thought I would buy something for you too." I laugh it off
"Oh...that was really nice of you....but I'm really sorry..." Diana excuses
"It's alright...I guess I'll see you tomorrow then.." I say as I see her walking towards the door.
"Yeah.." she smiles and walks out

Even I was packing my stuff because I couldn't meet Julia as she didn't come today. So I just take my stuff and walk out of the room. As I was walking down the stairs my stomach was making all sorts of noise so I deceided to takeaway some snacks. I went inside the cafè and order a chicken roll. I get my food in no time and as I turn I saw someone who I couldn't try to take off my mind.

Manuel! With Diana!

What was she doing here! With him! She said she had to leave when I asked her but here she was with Manuel!

I purposely walk to the table Manuel amd Diana were seated at.

"Hey bro! How did the meeting go?" I ask Manuel and I could see Diana shocked to her very sight of me.
"Hey man! It was short! Many didn't come so coach called it off in a while." Manuel says
"And...what about your important job....did it go well?" Manuel asks

I had no damn important job but I had stayed back to learn with Diana and here she was with this damn Manuel

"Yeah bro...it was important...but...." I lie and I look at Diana who is utterly dissapointed
"But...the importance I had given doesn't seem to be required by the person..." I hint at Diana

Diana understood it and she looked at me and I could say that she was very much hurt can I say.

"Happens mate!"is all Manuel says as if he cares about it
"Come have something...with me and Diana.." Manuel offers

"I've gotta go...I'm sorry bro.." I say as I remember Diana's response when I asked her for a drink.

Diana tried her best to avoid me. But I couldn't stop staring at her because she lied to me that she had to go and here she was with Manuel.

"Take care mate!" Manuel gets up and hugs me and I do the same.

"Hey Diana.....nice meeting you again....and...I thought you had to leave....You told me you had to....." the anger in me just couldn't resist

"Yeah...I do....But..." Diana says
"But...I asked her to come with me....so here she is..." Manuel continues for her which just made me burn more
"Ah...Diana...so..looks like you only hang out with cool people like Manuel." I fake laugh and that dumbass Manuel thought I was seriously joking and laughs too as he pats me on my shoulder.

I immediately look at Diana and she is embarrassed and nervous but she is hiding it with a smile as she is looking at Manuel. So I take it as a sign to leave immediately without being indirectly rude to her anymore.

"Okay...you two carry on...I'll meet my babe..." I lie to them about Meeting Julia just because I wanted to leave.
"Go man! Don't keep your girl waiting." Manuel encourages

I wave a goodbye to Manuel without even looking at Diana and I leave the cafè with a clenched jaw.