1

Diana:

The final year of school was to begin in less than a week and I wasn't really ready for it. Thinking about the last year of school actually gave me chills because I wasn't really sure if all the hardwork I put would really pay off! It was sometimes scary to think about me not being able to reach my goals. It seemed like my whole heart and soul just wanted myself to become the person I wanted to be. I always just pause and think for a while if all these things that I'm doing right now would help in reaching my destination or whether I would just be another person under the title 'Failure'.

Moving ahead, it's always Oli's ( Olivia, my best friend) tradition to come over to my house a few days before an academic year of school begins. So we usually go to shopping and do all sorts of nonsense especially all those things better know as " BEST FRIEND GOALS " one last time before school can reduce us to unsocial souls who will be loitering in the school campus. only.
Just as Oli and I were watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S

"Hey D, can we go to the mall?" She breakes the silence.

"Why?" I ask as I'm still concenrating on F.R.I.E.ND.S and nibbling my cookie.

"What do you mean why? Yeah...so come lets go watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S in the mall! Of course you idiot....let's go shopping and do something fun...please..."

I'm still watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S and eating the same cookie but looks like Oli will not agree so easily so I switch off the television and get up from my couch, stuff the whole cookie inside my mouth and go sit next to her.

"Isn't F.R.I.E.N.D.S fun enough?" I ask her

"It is fun D! But look....we can watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S anytime after school begins...but we can't spend a whole day hanging out or shopping!"

She looks at me "After school begins the only place we'll be hanging out is the cafè" she continues making a wierd face.

I thought about what Oli said and it hit me hard! My best friend actually has sense! My best friend spoke something which makes sense!

"Yeah..you're right! Okay, get dressed up. I'll just go and tell mum about it."

"Hey mum!" I say as I walk down a flight of stairs.

"Hmm..." she says as she is washing some dishes.

"Well, Olivia want's to go to the mall....so I was thinking if I could go along with her."

"Now?" She inquires. Ofcourse she has to. It's the part time job of every mother to be an FBI agent.

"Yeah...cause we won't be able to hang out once school begins." I say standing next to her.

She takes a small breath and says "Okay....the money is in the draw in my room."

"Thanks Mom!" I reply and walk towards mom and dad's room.

As I entered the room all I could sense was the pleasent fragrance of jasmine. Inhaling the smell of sweet jasmine brought a smile on my face. I go and sit on the bed where the drawe happens to be beside it. I open it and see a stack of money notes. I take 3 notes of 10 euro's and 2 notes of 5 euros. But, I paused for a minute to remind myself of the financial crisis my family was going through. So without thinking anymore I keep a 10 euro and a 5 euro note back and I feel sad about the fact that I can do nothing to help my family. I get up and take a deep breath to inhale the sweet fragrance before exiting the room. I make sure that the door makes a click noise to know that I have closed the door properly because this is one of mom's wierd habits.

I go to my mother who seems like wiping her hands with the towel that was on her shoulder after washing a sink full of dishes.

"Can I buy you something from the mall?"