5

Edward:

I saw Diana talking with Angelo Hugston a while ago and thank god she didn't see me. I had to go to the cafè so I was forced to pass by the auditorium and I saw Diana again. I guess she saw me but I didn't look at her. She can't know that I was a member of the SCB too but I was in the 'help in academics needed' group. Our friendship was over and I don't want it to be rekindled in anyway. Now that I have Julia in my life I don't think I really want a girl in my life anymore.

I had a very boring day at the meeting. So I decided to treat myself at Starbucks. I left after I met Mike and on my way to the car I was deciding the drink I would like to drink.
I was just a minute or two away from Starbucks and I see Diana at the opposite bustop. I don't know what to do. I wanted to just speed away my car and go home right away but I knew she was going home too and being the person I was raised by my parents my heart and mind just couldn't refuse to help a person. So instead of turning left and parking at Starbucks I go straight and stop at the bus stop.

Diana recognised my car. See started staring at the window which was being lowered by me.
"Going home?" I ask as I remove my shades
"Yeah..." she bluntly replies
"Me too...I could give you a ride." I suggest
She says nothing so I took it as a clear no.
"It's a Sunday..so...there are less buses and it's the lunch hour too." I elaborate
"Um..yeah...but I'll wait....you can carry on." Diana refuses

I was feeling really irritated with her. Why couldn't she just come!

"Why can't you just come?" I curt
"Why should I? I mean, I take the bus always so I'm taking the bus as usual! Not that you have been driving me all these years." Diana retorts.

Diana's response hit me hard. It made me realise that our friendship can't be rekindled again. We have become strangers who just know the existance of each other. I just wanted to stop arguing with her but I don't know why I was arguing in the first place when I know she's hard to get!
"Okay...so...I'm goin to Starbucks and if I still find you here you're coming along." I talk back
"But..."
"No buts....listen to me...atleast today." I say as I interupt her.

I could see her brown eyes turn into a pool of honey as they were in contact with the sunlight and her hair falling on her face effortlessly gave the angelic look to her face.

Talking no more I just drive away and through my mirrors I could see Diana looking at me go away.

"Hey, I would like to have a Vanilla Latte please." I request to a young man who takes my request at Starbucks
"Do you want anything else Sir?" He asks
"Can you make it two Vanilla Latte's?"
The young man who's badge on the shirt says Aiden gives a relieving smile and gives a gentle nod
"I should name them as..." he asks me
"Ah...Edward and Diana." I reply
He disappers and comes back after 5 minutes and comes back with a small Starbucks paper bag.
"Here's for you and Diana!" He says with excitement
I smile at him because he deserves it for his pleasing service and I hand him a five euro note. He hands over the change to me. I purposely take it back.
"Hey Aiden?" I call out
"Yeah?" He replies with a smile
"This is for your outstanding service and smile." I say with a smile as I hand him with the change that he just gave me along with some extra change I took from my wallet.
"My pleasure but it's not needed." He refuses
"I insist, please?" I request him and I could see his hand make a move toward the money
"Thanks." He says
"My pleasure."

I keep the bag on the seat beside me as I take out the car and head towards the bustop. I see that there isn't a single person, not even Diana. I assume that the bus had come and Diana left. I recollect what I said to her that if she would be there when I return to the bustop, I would drive her back to her house. But, she was gone.
I stop for a few seconds and remove a drink from the Starbucks bag. When I turn to see the name on it,' Diana' was written. I keep it back and take the one which has my name on it and refresh myself by sipping the drink.