13

Diana:

"Mom...." I call out as I walk into her room as I find her in her bed.
"Hmmm." She mumbles
"Are you alright? Have you taken the tablet?" I ask her as I touch her palm and it's warmer than usual
"Yeah.....just a little headache.....but...I'm really....tired" she said rolling in the bed
"It's alright....don't get up till I'm back home." I warn her
"I'm so sorry....there's nothing for breakfast. Can I prepare some toast or pancakes?"
"No, mom. I'll eat something in the cafè...I'll leave right now so I'll have enough time to eat." I insist

I get to school like an hour early only to find it empty except some screaming from all the sport teams. I only here "Bro...over hear.." or "Pass it..Pass it.." or "Oiii". But the most peaceful sound was coming from my earphones because it was my favourite band One Direction. I was listening to Live While We're Young and I was so tempted to throw my bag and start dancing like a monkey. But it wasn't going to happen.

I'm alone alone with a plate of fruits and mixed fruit juice as I was listening to Kiss You. I felt like I was in a One Direction concert minus One Direction and everything else. I was listening to the music and trying so hard not to dance even though I was swaying and swinging.

I realised I wasn't alone in the cafe anymore as I saw a boy at the counter with a blue and yellow varsity jacket. So I immediately stopped my little dance.

"Hey...I was wondering if I could share my breakfast with this beautiful girl...." the boy who was at the counter a few minutes ago says

I quickly pause my music even though I didn't want to cause it was One Direction. My jaw drops when my eyes confirm it to be Manuel Dalton, Vice Captain of the Throwball team.

"Yeah....sure..." I agree as I'm still awestruck

"Good morning Diana."

I choked! He knew my name?

"Good morning to the vice captain of the throwball team." I gulp

He laughs and shakes his head as I know that he hears that a lot and he runs his fingers through his messy hair.

I was staring at him. He looked so hot! His dark brown eyes was similar to his messy hair. His blue and yellow varsity jacket looked so hot on him and it looked like it was made for his muscular body and the fragrance coming from him was like the perfect cologne, not too strong. I stopped admiring him amd started thinking about how he knew my name.

"You're early today?" He questions as he takes a bite of his salad
"Yeah...I just thought I'd catch an early bus." I lied
He smiles and I swear that smile gave me butterflies in my stomach. He kept on staring at me.
"Which class are you in....you know....I can drop by sometime." He says as his lips curve a bit and he looks deep into my eyes
"Um...in 12C. B" I look down at my shoes
"Cool....just a class away...." He draws his hand forward for a high five and I clap my hand against his and he immediately binded his fingers with mine like we're holding hands.
His touch was warm and soft and friendly but I felt very uncomfortable so I quickly withdrew my hand as the crowd was increasing in the cafè.
"I'm so sorry....we do that in throwball." He excuses
"It's alright.." I say
"I'm so sorry....Diana..." he says my name and I look up to him. He smile and messes his hair with his fingertips. He looks around and looks at me again. I just wanted to leave or be invisible.
"Just give me a minute." Manuel excuses
"Hey Mate....Edward...come here bro..." he calls out and I turn to confirm the knowledge of the closest Edward I know. My knowledge was confirmed when I saw Edward Selyts coming towards us.

NOW WAS THE ACTUAL TIME I WANTED TO RUN

"Hey bro..." Edward gives a handshake to Manuel and later a brief hug and he looks at me.

"Manuel....I'll keep going...y'all can carry on." I say as I eye to Edward
"Hey Diana...hold on....don't leave...." Manuel stops me as he puts an arm in front of me

"Edward...we have a meeting at 4 after school." Manuel informs Edward
"Okay..." Edward replies bluntly and he is about to leave
"Hey Edward....by the way...this is Diana." Manuel says as he looks at me and smiles

I was expecting Edward to tell Manuel that he knows me since childhood or atleast smile
But he does nothing. He looks at me for a few seconds and tells Manuel that he'll be there at the meeting and he leaves.

He seriously is bi polar. Why would he not tell Manuel that he knew me?

"Hey Diana...." Manuel says my name
"Yeah"
"Hope we meet again....I would like to see you again..." he says as he smiles and runs his fingers through his hair and he removes his varsity jacket and his muscular arms are seen. He's wearing a red tee that looks absolutely wonderful on his tanned skin. I could sense the smell of his cologne.

"Yeah...I've got to go...See you soon." I fight for words because this is the first time I've had an actuall conversation with him.
He puts forward his hand for a handshake and I put my shaky hand oh his. They were soft and warm. I felt a wave of chills pass down my whole body. I instantly look up to him and he had a pretty hard face. His eyes were flickering on seeing my face. Our hands our still stuck. When he breaks his face into a smile I realise that I should really get going. When I withdrew my hand from his, I saw his blueish - green viens that were hidden under the jacket some time back. They looked so nice on his arms. They looked like they have been drawn on his arms, they looked that perfect.

Without saying anything I smile one last time and I turn back and I walk as fast as I can. My legs slow down when I see Edward sitting on the last table of the cafè in the corner sitting and looking at me.

"We have 10 minutes for the bell to ring." Edward comments as I try to ignore him but I stop by him.
"Why are you still here? I thought you left." I say with a little doubt
"I was gonna leave....but.....I had to talk to Manuel." he clears my doubt leaving me embarrassed because I'm very sure he saw the awkaward conversation between me and Manuel
"But...it seemed like y'all were having a nice time so...I thought I could wait for him..." Edward adds on
"I was just talking to him...." I defend myself
"Yeah...I know." He says and clenches his jaw making his jaw line more prominent
"I've really got to go..." I take leave as I was too embarrassed to face Edward and just turn towards the door and go to class.